Speaking of desert beetles...Edrotes ventricosus questions

BeetleRancher

Arachnopeon
5C57C54F-C85A-42AA-ABEE-E237B0C25A4A.jpeg Hi there! This is my first time posting but I have been following and learning from all the great info on here for some time now. What a great community! Anyway, I have a little group of Edrotes ventricosus and just had a few questions about their care as there seem to be a few folks here who have kept and/or do keep them. What kind of things do they eat? I have heard mention of sunflower seeds, but not much else. They don’t seem to go for the usual desert beetle fare of apples/carrots dog food/oats etc. Also, is much known if their mating habits? They are very active and fun little beetles but they do seem to be tussling with each other all the time, almost as if they are territorial. Anyway, any info anyone would be willing to offer would be great as I would love to keep a little colony of these as they are very exciting to watch and sure do have a lot of character! Also, is there a common name for them generally in use at all?

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
View attachment 291062 Hi there! This is my first time posting but I have been following and learning from all the great info on here for some time now. What a great community! Anyway, I have a little group of Edrotes ventricosus and just had a few questions about their care as there seem to be a few folks here who have kept and/or do keep them. What kind of things do they eat? I have heard mention of sunflower seeds, but not much else. They don’t seem to go for the usual desert beetle fare of apples/carrots dog food/oats etc. Also, is much known if their mating habits? They are very active and fun little beetles but they do seem to be tussling with each other all the time, almost as if they are territorial. Anyway, any info anyone would be willing to offer would be great as I would love to keep a little colony of these as they are very exciting to watch and sure do have a lot of character! Also, is there a common name for them generally in use at all?
Welcome to Arachnoboards! Glad you decided to join in ;). I was also a lurker before joining and found it was helpful getting started for when I did join. Glad to have you here :).

Looks like @Smokehound714 has had experience with these.

Last edited: