Sparassidae Photos - Huntsman of All Species

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My huntsman barely ever eats so its pretty insane to get a pic that good of her mauling a cricket. Came out good though, still doesnt compare to the purple one though:drool:

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey doom what species of nepenthes is that? quite a beauty!

Best Regards,

Nick

Last edited:

doom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi Nick,
it's the cross between Nepenthes alata and Nepenthes ventricosa -> N. ventrata. Pitcher plants are really good looking carnivourous plants sadly the most beautiful are highland species, wich require cool nights.

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here is a huntsman I found in my bathroom. Not sure on ID but it is in Pasco County, Florida.

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Nick,
it's the cross between Nepenthes alata and Nepenthes ventricosa -> N. ventrata. Pitcher plants are really good looking carnivourous plants sadly the most beautiful are highland species, wich require cool nights.
Thats a ventrata!?!?! doom you certainly have the nicest looking ventrata I have ever seen! I have a decent sized highland collection myself no pics unfortunately...

nhaverland413

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Strix, Your huntsman is heteropoda venatoria. lovely creatures, I jealous you have them wild in your house!

Strix

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the ID. I see them out more around the summer so hopefully I can catch a couple although they are extremely fast little buggers = P

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
not a great photo(through glass)
my huntmans looking more "adult" by the day

andy

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
a few huntsmans

0.1 h.venatoria

red huntsman(unknown sp.)

unknown black huntsman

andy

Raikiri

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Awesome photos, guys! Great topic!

May I ask, what is the average body length of an adult female and male H. boiei? I've checked several sources but I've found different sizes..