Sp. rufus

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Curious as to how many of you have purchased these and your experience on them so far.
I cant find any solid care sheets on them anywhere.
Keep them similar to everetti?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Not trying to be a D at all but use the search function or type it into google... I remember seeing a similar thread recently.. I would dig it up for you but I'm pretty busy ATM..

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Google dont really bring up anything worthwhile. Im asking for other members personal experience. I take it you have none

boina

Lady of the mites
Weeelll, I got a juvenile one recently and I've got conflicting information to go with it. Arboreal, terrestrial, fossorial, ask different people, get different answers :shifty:. I've decided to give it a semiarboreal setup - some substrate, cork bark at an angle into the substrate, sticks as webbing anchors, moist substrate, the works. It immediately took to the cork bark, made a shallow burrow beneath it and put up a dirt curtain tube in extension of the burrow. I wouldn't give it a fully arboreal setup, but I guess semi-arboreal works.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Weeelll, I got a juvenile one recently and I've got conflicting information to go with it. Arboreal, terrestrial, fossorial, ask different people, get different answers :shifty:. I've decided to give it a semiarboreal setup - some substrate, cork bark at an angle into the substrate, sticks as webbing anchors, moist substrate, the works. It immediately took to the cork bark, made a shallow burrow beneath it and put up a dirt curtain tube in extension of the burrow. I wouldn't give it a fully arboreal setup, but I guess semi-arboreal works.
Sounds reasonable to me, seems it has already happily shown it's preference

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That's how it is with mostly any OW arboreal. I got a 2" on the way and just curious as to the different ways people are keepin em

creepa

Arachnoknight
Just keep them like any asian arboreal and it should be fine.

The behaviour @boina described is typical arboreal Ornithoctoninae so cork tube/slab moist sub and thats it.