1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.
    Dismiss Notice

SouthwestInverts

Discussion in 'Online Seller/Buyer/Breeder Reviews' started by samsbugs, Feb 9, 2009.

1. samsbugs

samsbugs Arachnoknight Old Timer

Advertisement
    This one is verry long overdue.
    I have had many in person transactions with Wayne over the past, spanning over 6 years, long before I found out he was an Arachnoboards member. He is a good guy to do business with and he knows what he's talking about.

It's worth the call.

2. Great Basin Ben

Great Basin Ben Arachnosquire

100% Positive

100% POSITIVE A+
    SouthwestInvert aka Wayne Lockabey is quite possibly, the single foremost comprehensive dealer of Invertebrates from the deserts of Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada, currently on the web today. In his 5+ DECADES of experience, that he brings to the table, Wayne has probably, caught, bred, and kept MORE species of native U.S. inverts thank most of us combined. He's a virtual walking encyclopedia on the Aphonopelma Genus, and somehow his genius is not lost on MANY of the other hobby favorites, like Vinegaroons, Desert Hairy's, and especially Southwestern Centipedes, and Millipedes.

I've received the following species from Wayne, and ALL have come as described, and packaged quite nicely. In most cases, the spiders were better than I could have ever expected.

Aphonopelma sp. Schmidti
    Aphonopelma sp. New River
    Aphonopelma sp. Payson Blonde
    Dwarf Aphonopelma sp. "Paramoguli"

Worry not, about heat/cold packs, as Wayne, is always keen on which ones may or may not be needed, and will include them if necessarry. He's been shipping Invertebrates for quite some time, and packages everything up like a real pro. The only thing I might do differently, is make sure that I DON'T opt for the signature release, in the future. This is my fault however, and not Wayne's. The first juvenile, I got from Wayne, was sent this way, and for some reason, the postal woman who delivers my mail, thought that this meant she should "THROW" it over my back fence, which did result in the loss of that particular specimen, upon impact with the patio. Even still, Wayne was kind enough to replace her for absolutely nothing! I think this says a great deal about Wayne, AND his business ethic...

Wayne is a real pleasure to deal with, and a real treat to talk with on the phone. Chances are, if you're looking for a Southwestern U.S. invertebrate, Wayne is likely breeding it! Like his Signature says, give him a call, and I promise you WON'T be disappointed. His experience, and quality speak for themselves. I have not been disappointed yet! I HIGHLY recommend SouthwestInvert, and encourage any of you, to give him a call.

MANY, many thanks Wayne,
    Ben.

3. captmarga

captmarga Arachnobaron

Texas
    I recently completed a transaction with Wayne. The original spider attempted to molt in-transit and died. He had specified LAG, and followed through, shipping me a replacement and a "thank you for being patient" gift as well. The replacement spider is as nice as the first and he was very communicative over the phone.

4. KoriTamashii

KoriTamashii Arachnobaron

I received my P. metallica from Wayne this morning... and wow! She's a cutie.

Amazing packing, stupendous animal, and a lovely guy to just shoot the breeze with.

Would not hesitate to buy from again!

Thank you so much, Wayne!

5. US Arachnids

US Arachnids Arachnoknight

Wayne Lockabey - 100% Positive!!!

I purchased a MM Brachypelma Auratum from Wayne. I recieved him today and he is in perfect condition!! As soon as I opened the container the MM crawled out and he is now setup in his new home.

It was good doing business with you wayne and have a Merry Christmas
    thanks again!!
    "DANNY"

6. I finally decided to add Vaejovis spinigerus to my scorpion collection and ordered two pair. I had Wayne send the package priority because I figured desert species from the southwest could handle the temps and the extra few days in transit.

All the scorpions arrived in excellent condition and a heat pad was included. I've been looking them over since they arrived and besides the fact that I want more of them, these animals are really nice-looking specimens. They appear to be healthy and were very active once I got them out of the containers. Oh, he also threw in an extra one.

Thanks Wayne.:clap:

7. koldaar

koldaar Arachnoknight Old Timer

Positive!!!

Just got my Flagstaff Orange today! She's a beauty!!! I hope to buy more from Wayne! Great guy!

8. Spike

Spike Arachnobaron Old Timer

Positive

I ordered 2x a.paloma and 1 a.moderatum. The post office screwed up and my package was in transit for 5-6 days. Unfortunately the moderatum did not make it.(not sellers part packing was superb) Wayne kept in contact and sent me a s.virdis and a Cgor's "Charlton's gray orange rump" as replacements(very excited about both!! :)) not to mention sent them next day. Wayne went above and beyond to make me happy. He is a pleasure to talk T's with, has outstanding animals, A++ shipping, reasonable prices, the list could go on and on. He is a true treasure to the hobby. I will continue to do business with him and recommend him to anyone. Thanks again Wayne!

9. MB623

MB623 Arachnoknight

SouthwestInvert A+

Just did a local transaction with Wayne today, I got an H. mac and an OBT and everything went great. Slings were in perfect condition and Wayne even agreed to take my bark scorps off my hand to make room for my new T's. I would highly recommend and buy from Wayne anytime, and can't wait to do business with him in the future. Thank you very much Wayne.{D

10. tdark1

tdark1 Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

Met up with Wayne locally today and picked up a female P. Trans, off of him, I couldn't be happier with my purchase. He also had a great deal of info.

Thanks!

11. I agree, Wayne is someone I would recommend to do business with. Thanks again Wayne!!!

12. toast4nat

toast4nat Arachnosquire

Positive

Recently purchased an E. campestratus female from Wayne. He was ill and was not able to ship for about two weeks after I made the purchase. I however did not mind this, and for my patience he sent me a freebie A. schmidti. Both spiders arrived in relatively good condition and are alive and well now. I would do business with Wayne again. For more details regarding this transaction do not hesitate to PM me.

13. Frostbite

Frostbite Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Just purchased my first A. Paloma from Wayne. Gorgeous critter! Exactly as described and arrived in great condition. I am thrilled! He also sent me an unexpected bonus for buying that was fantastic as well. I will be buying from Wayne again.

14. Positive.

I ordered a 2i G. Ankarana and a P. Transvaalicus from Wayne earlier this week and along with those I got a freebie (an S. Masaensis), the packing was excellent, and all of the Scorpions arrived healthy and active.. He also answered any questions I had about what I was ordering.. I look forward to doing business with Wayne again.

15. Sukai94

Sukai94 Arachnobaron

POSITIVE!

Wayne was wonderful to deal with. His communication was great and the tarantulas arrived on time-well packed and larger than expected. Highly recommended!

16. madamoisele

madamoisele Arachnosquire

Received my dwarf Aphnopelmas today - I'm practically dancing in the streets for joy! They arrived safely and he even threw in a freebie! There were sticky notes also and I couldn't be happier with everything.

17. rob0t

rob0t Arachnoknight

SC
    100% positive transaction! Tarantulas were packed well and arrived in excellent condition. Better looking specimens than I had expected and at a great price. The female is a big beauty. I would recommend Wayne to anyone looking and will do business again.

18. Great Basin Ben

Great Basin Ben Arachnosquire

A received another FINE fine package from Wayne today after not being in contact for almost 3 years. In 3 years, I have to say NOTHING has changed. Wayne still goes Above and Beyond to deliver QUALITY arachnids and inverts in an INCREDIBLY well packaged and safe fashion!!! I received (3) more Southwest dwarves and could not be any happier!!!

*On a side note: My mailman TOTALLY screwed up,dropped the ball, and these little buggers sat unknowingly for over a week at my local Post Office, and due to the diligence of Wayne's packaging, and excellent knowledge of these creatures, they arrive safely, ( albeit thirsty!), and promptly drank and made themselves at home in the new enclosures I had ready to go for them. Wayne is a HIGHLY KNOWLEDGEABLE when it comes to his Inverts, a pleasure to chat with, and TRULY a man of his word!!!!

I'd recommend SouthwestInverts to ANYONE out there looking for a quality Insect, at an AMAZING price, from a guy who likely knows more about them than 90% of the dealers out there today. As always THANK YOU GREATLY Wayne, and the VERY BEST to you and yours...
    Ben.

19. I received my package today from Wayne. All specimens arrived in great condition. I was amazed at how he packaged them, males on one side, females on the other with the two separate boxes taped together. I am not sure which I was more impressed with upon first inspection, the packaging or the tarantulas. Hopefully I will get a chance to purchase from him again in the future.

20. Fins

Fins Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

Positive transaction. Everything went well. I received a dwarf T well packed and very healthy. I would have no problem purchasing from him again.