Southern California Invert Hunting...

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's warming up,and the snakes are out!I've found multiple Cali Kings this year,and there are surely more cool things to come!I'm going out to my spot tomorrow,so I'll post pictures of anything cool I find.Anyone else having any good luck and want to share stories or photos?

khil

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dang asn, cali kings that's amazing!
And the jerusalem crickets are such interesting guys, huh? Everyone who sees them FREAKS LOL.
I caught mine when I took a trip to socal. They live in coco fiber and bury real deep, and they eat leek. Have yours eaten anything else?
And I hope to share stories this summer too. I'll be looking for places to find scorpions.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dang asn, cali kings that's amazing!
And the jerusalem crickets are such interesting guys, huh? Everyone who sees them FREAKS LOL.
I caught mine when I took a trip to socal. They live in coco fiber and bury real deep, and they eat leek. Have yours eaten anything else?
And I hope to share stories this summer too. I'll be looking for places to find scorpions.
I'll post some pictures of the Cali Kings for you.They really are cool snakes.And my jeruselum crickets eat crickets and carrots,lettuce,and other greens.

Sunset

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i havent been out this year at all been busy with school and work. But im plaining on goiing out in the next week. im not really sure on where to look i want to try something new if any of you guys that live in san diego have any good ideas please let me know or send me a message thanks.

cnapple

Arachnoknight
I've only gotten seriously interested in Ts and inverts since emigrating from Oceanside, CA where i spent the first 21 years of my life. :wall: Now i'm in MI, where we don't have nearly as many cool spp. Awesome pics though! Next time I visit my parents in SoCal, i shall definitely go herping/invert hunting! :D

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Anyone wanna do some collecting anytime soon?I'm pretty bored just hanging around the house looking around and finding the same old stuff.Hit me up if anyone's interested!

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Still looking for someone to go with.I don't bite,I promise(unless you're a double-double or animal fries from In-N-Out...then you've got a big promlem:biggrin:)!I've got a really good spot where we'll definitely find some cool scorpions,and possibly some Scolopendra polymorpha centipedes!Also some cool beetles and Jeruselum crickets.Or if you'd rather hit up your spot I'd be down with that too!Just shoot me a PM an we can plan.

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well it's warming up and I've already came across a couple A. pocki, S. polymorpha, P. castaneus minimus(Yup, finally ID'd that neat little species) and California Kingsnake! I know that others in So Cal have to be having some luck or would like to have some luck, so post it here or PM me if you're looking for someone to go with!

Titandan

Arachnopeon
What's up folks? Are there any California peeps willing to represent? Have any of you gone out in the desert for some Tarantula or Scorpion sightings? I'd like to go sometime this summer but I don't know where to start. If any of you are down, I'd like to help set up a trip somewhere to look at some inverts. What do you say?