Sources for quality/pet safe acrylic?

Avinlea

Arachnopeon
If you make enclosures yourself from scratch, where do you buy your acrylic from? I need to replace the coated mesh tops on two enclosures and am planning ahead for future additions.

Also, I have seen some acrylic boxes, with holes already pre drilled, some include latches as well, on eBay. The advertised purpose in the listing is housing T's and amphibians. However the source is China, so I am a bit wary.
The last thing I want to do is inadvertently poison my pet with a bad plastic.
Anyone buy enclosures from eBay? Or acrylic from other countries?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If you make enclosures yourself from scratch, where do you buy your acrylic from? I need to replace the coated mesh tops on two enclosures and am planning ahead for future additions.

Also, I have seen some acrylic boxes, with holes already pre drilled, some include latches as well, on eBay. The advertised purpose in the listing is housing T's and amphibians. However the source is China, so I am a bit wary.
The last thing I want to do is inadvertently poison my pet with a bad plastic.
Anyone buy enclosures from eBay? Or acrylic from other countries?
A board member that resides in China has bought from eBay and keeps Pokis mostly if I recall, maybe Avics. Over there they are CHEAP $8.00 US about, from the same vendor shipped to USA ~20.00, not bad really.

They only thing to consider is the source of their plastic which you won't know. I'm not advising against because I know someone who hasn't had any problems.