SOS for my Avic

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
There may be actually, found this thread linked over on another T forum a while back: http://thebts.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-5420.html
DO NOT try it though OP unless you know for sure she has nematodes. But if it does end up being that, it would be worth a shot instead of just letting her die or euthanizing IMO.

But in all honesty, another part of me thinks she's absolutely fine and just stressed from the rehouse. Avics can be deceiving, they'll move slow like they're lethargic, and then move insanely fast if you bug them enough. But the water dish and fang issue is still worrisome.
This is veeery interesting. Vipe, Venom, cold blood and Eulers have you heard of this?

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
This is veeery interesting. Vipe, Venom, cold blood and Eulers have you heard of this?
Ya I thought so, from what I've read there and over on tarantulaforum, a few people have successfully tried it.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
She's on the underside of one of the sticks in her enclosure, and honestly I'm not brave enough to try and get her out if I can't see where her mouth is :embarrassed:
but she moved and isn't curled up in a ball anymore, so we will see.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
She's on the underside of one of the sticks in her enclosure, and honestly I'm not brave enough to try and get her out if I can't see where her mouth is :embarrassed:
Ya don't bother trying to flip her or anything, just keep an eye out. Maybe you'll catch her on the side eventually, and can get a good look.
but she moved and isn't curled up in a ball anymore, so we will see.
That's good, maybe she is just stressed from the rehouse. Hopefully she keeps improving.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Basically, I'm not going to do anything, I doubt it is nematodes, if it is, my mistake. But I'd rather not stress her out if is a molt/rehousing nerves.
I just want my happy crawly avic back :c

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
There's no way that little t ate two crickets yesterday if it's in the final stages of nematodes. I hope it pulls through.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
She keeps stretching one leg out at a time almost painfully slow in a clockwise rotationo_O
And she just went back under her stick.
I'm still saying molting. Just to be positive about it.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm a little late to the party, but it does sound like she could be molting and is just looking for a safe, protected spot to do so. Had she not been recently rehoused, she probably would have had a little web tunnel to molt in - but with the rehouse, she may have been too close to molting to start over on the webbing so she looked for the next best spot. My A. avic. just molted last night in her web tube - but she did none of the textbook "premolt" behaviors, other than making the web in the first place - which she started back in November or so, after sulking and refusing to web for months following a rehouse last summer. She continued accepting food right up until a week and a half ago. (She never actually turned down food - I just got back from a trip and haven't fed my spiders yet. Today is feeding day, but I'll give her a pass this time while her fangs harden.) I did suspect that she might be getting close to a molt, just because she had been acting a bit lethargic - but then, it's not like she normally out running sprints, either. She wasn't in a molting position when I checked on my spiders around midnight last night - but this morning, she was sitting in her web next to a fresh molt.

As far as being on the floor goes, my P. vittata just spent the past few weeks crunched up on the floor behind his dirt curtain. Arboreal or not, I guess he decided that was the best spot this time around. I figured he was getting close to a molt because I hadn't seen him out and about in quite a while, so I stopped feeding him, boosted the humidity levels a bit and left him alone - and came home from my trip to find him freshly molted. Now I just have to figure out how to extract the molt without him escaping, so I can check to see if it really is a "he" or not!

I hope that turns out to be the case with your little Avic, too, and she'll be presenting you with a fresh molt any day now.