Sore on abdomen post molt?

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
IMG_20170721_140806_521.jpg My male Grammostola pulchripes just molted 48 hours ago. The molt was really unremarkable in that everything seemed to come out okay, although he did molt in an awkward upright position. This morning he was moving around and I noticed a small circular sore near the booklungs. There was no feeder in with him before/during/since the molt and I do not see hemolymph escaping it.
Last molt measured 2.25 in. He was purchased a year ago as a .5 inch spiderling. Only ever fed feeder crickets. No misting- just a water dish. There was no recent disturbance to the enclosure. Did flick hairs from that side prior to molting, but not excessively. I can't think of anything else relevant or helpful. Any insight as to what this could be is very much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Relieved! :) Thankful it's not mites or something. Whew.

Hopefully your T will moult out of whatever that sore is. Best case scenario. We had a recent thread where T maintained a scar after moult but was otherwise fine.
I hope your T will eat and act normally until next moult.

[edited to add: lack of leaking hemoglyph is a good]

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight

Hopefully your T will moult out of whatever that sore is. Best case scenario. We had a recent thread where T maintained a scar after moult but was otherwise fine.

Ok. Thank you for taking the time to reply. The time between his last molts was pretty short (5/31 to 7/19) in comparison to his usual 3+ months, that in itself had me a little uneasy. Nothing to really do but wait and see then I suppose. I hope he's okay. Thank you so much.

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I have a P cancerides who had a wound post molt. Not sure of the original cause. As it is a weak spot, I refrained from any power feeding. She finally molted (which I thought might be the end of her) successfully and now just has a scar. Hopefully in another molt or two the scar will disappear.

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight

I have a P cancerides who had a wound post molt. Not sure of the original cause. As it is a weak spot, I refrained from any power feeding. She finally molted (which I thought might be the end of her) successfully and now just has a scar. Hopefully in another molt or two the scar will disappear.

Many thanks. He just molted again and the sore is gone. I love watching this species grow- even if it takes forever! Just wanted to update you both that all is well.