sooo i got a free T today!

deathkorps

Arachnosquire
so i went to buy some food for my T's and as i'm walking in line to pay i saw a guy walk in with a big tank and in the corner i see some hairy legs . i immediately wonder "hmm, i wonder what kind of T it is." well it turns out he had called the LPS to just drop it off to get rid of it for a friend, apparently they were originally just gonna step on it. immediately pissed me off when the lady behind the counter had told me that, but she had told them to just bring it in and they'd find it a home. so i asked how much they were gonna sell it for and the lady says "you want? you can take it, im not much on spiders" to which i said yup you betcha. i had to laugh when i looked at the T though, cause the previous owners had a pic with Eupalaestrus Campestratus written on it. As soon as i looked at it though it was very obviously a G.Rosea. i wish i had a digital camera for pics though to make sure. anyway She is a big girl but does not need to be in the huge tank shes in, not to mention that the previous owners had no water bowl in there for her, the substrate is just wood chips, theres a huge piece of drift wood in there, theres no real hide for her, and it doesn't look like the substrate has even been cleaned out in a while. i'd say this was a definite Tarantula save. *begin rant* kinda mad actually about the setup they had her in, i may be new to the hobby but it only takes a couple of minutes of searching and educating yourself on proper care, damn lazy people! *rant over!* lol i feel better now

---------- Post added 08-24-2011 at 02:44 AM ----------

forgot to mention that i had the intention of buying an emperor scorpion when i was there until i saw the guy with the tarantula in the tank. that spontaneous purchase changed quick!

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
Well done on the save :cool:

We used to keep/breed rats years ago and started taking them in from one of the animal rescue places at times, some of the rescues were the best rats we had.

deathkorps

Arachnosquire
Nice work bro! =)
Thanks! was kinda hoping that it wasn't another Rosea though, but whatevs the collection grows!

---------- Post added 08-24-2011 at 03:18 AM ----------

Well done on the save :cool:

We used to keep/breed rats years ago and started taking them in from one of the animal rescue places at times, some of the rescues were the best rats we had.
my next paycheck is going to see her in an appropriate sized tank with proper substrate, hide, and water dish.