Sometimes I wish I wasn't the bug guy :/

Brianhogs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I always have to be the spoiler when it comes to bug comedy on tv. "Hey you have a cricket in your hair"...crickets can't fly. "My cricket suffers from restless leg syndrome"... Crickets don't use their legs to chirp.

Just sometimes i really wish i never knew any of this. My friend was wondering why i wasnt laughing. :|

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I know the feeling.....I also point out when and animal or plant isn't show in the right place. For instance the Lion King showed leaf cutter ants, sorry thats a new world species.

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm right there with you. People at work might be discussing something as simple as tick bites but I have to go and start educating them. It tends to make them look at you oddly but they do seek you out to remove unidentified creepy crawlies from their offices or to tell them all about the really cool-looking wheelbug that somehow got perched on their bare shoulder :eek: during the company barbecue.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yep, my 9 year old daughter will stop traffic to rescue a bug.

several times she has seen a bug on the floor of the grocery store and ran over to catch it yelling "watch out, dont step on the little fella", we get great looks

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I found an awesome ground beetle in the produce section and grabbed a pack of zip lock containers to put the beetle in. I was not planning to buy em but you can always use more zip lock containers.

The looks i got in the check out line were rich.

Warren Bautista

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yup. whenever we watch one of those outdated nature movies in school and when they say something wrong I always correct the movie and everyone is like "shut up, man!"

Pro_bug_catcher

Arachnopeon
We have bugs in common here. Some more plants and animals; We find lots of errors. Now imagine if you knew rocks also (my friend geologist will tell you this); same thing. :clap:
Movies are great until they start to show things you know about, then they have it all wrong. :wall:

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Now imagine if you knew rocks also (my friend geologist will tell you this); same thing. :clap:

lol, I haven't seen to many movies that have lines in them like,

"now Jim, you go up that SAND STONE cliff face and peer over that MALACHITE lined ridge. Do you see the enemy coming up the AGATE covered slope yet, let me know, mean while, I'll keep an eye on that JASPER encrusted plato to the east".:D :D

sorry just had to have some fun with it:)

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
tell me about it, i might not know too much about T's, i can recognize some sp. but i do notice when they goof up the language sometimes (even if i'm forgetting a few things again).

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
here here, bugs, T's, snakes, scorps, pedes, religion, history, plants and on and on, when you know about things and hear the BS some folks believe/say that is just so wrong not mentioning their mistake can be hard.
Rev

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hehe. My husband's family believe so many well known myths about animals. They think just because they heard it when they were little or from a teacher it's gotta be true. I tell them to just go online and look it up but they won't. They come up with some funny stuff.
Bug movies that have the wrong bugs in them used to make me mad, but now I just laugh. Temple of doom is a good example of misplaced bugs. Also any horror movie that has hissing roaches or mealworm "maggots" and random b. smithi's.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh yeah and those under skin traveling scarabs in the mummy, those are always nice yeah.

Nam

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Now imagine if you knew rocks also (my friend geologist will tell you this); same thing. :clap:

lol, I haven't seen to many movies that have lines in them like,

"now Jim, you go up that SAND STONE cliff face and peer over that MALACHITE lined ridge. Do you see the enemy coming up the AGATE covered slope yet, let me know, mean while, I'll keep an eye on that JASPER encrusted plato to the east".:D :D

sorry just had to have some fun with it:)
haha chuckle :clap:

brunoboy

Arachnopeon
I'm always the one called on to rescue all sorts of bugs/birds/small animals caught in the building where I work.

Lots of folks 'freaked out' by spiders.

Dark

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Being the bug guy can suck, whenever I am around people I have never met before my jerk friends or people who know me go "he use to have tarantulas" and for the rest of my life that person will know me as the 'creepy guy who owned spiders'.

brunoboy

Arachnopeon
Being the bug guy can suck, whenever I am around people I have never met before my jerk friends or people who know me go "he use to have tarantulas" and for the rest of my life that person will know me as the 'creepy guy who owned spiders'.

yea, but you're loved and understood here. :)

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer

Yeah , well you can make money being a spider/bug freak, I do.

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Could you imagine being able to go into a vacant old house like in the movies and just finding hundreds of B. smithi, hissers, snakes and scorps just hanging around for the collecting and everyone else runs away so you have them all to yourself?

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well you could always get afew T's again and be known as the "creepy guy who owns spiders" thats better in my eyes than the "creepy guy who owned spiders"{D

Senses-Tingling

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Temple of doom is a good example of misplaced bugs. Also any horror movie that has hissing roaches or mealworm "maggots" and random b. smithi's.
Anyone notice that the guy in the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Ark, with all the T's on his back, is Alfred Molina - Dr. Octopus from Spiderman 2? I know this is outdated info, but - B.smithi's were mentioned, Temple of Doom was mentioned, and Batman is beating Spiderman for best opening weekend right now. So - kinda topical.