1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone tell Bryan Barczyk to stick to snakes!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Derivative, Mar 13, 2019.

1. SkittleBunny

SkittleBunny Arachnosquire

TX
    Advertisement
    We could actually make a sticky thread with a list of youtubers that should be ignored when it comes to tarantula care..just for those newbies

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Derivative

Derivative Arachnopeon

That sounds like a good idea. Although I consider myself somewhat of a noob as I am only 15 and even if I know how to care for tarantulas that doesnt mean I have the experience to stay calm if an Obt bolts up my pant leg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rigor Mortis

Rigor Mortis Arachnosquire Active Member

In true Rigor Mortis fashion I will pretend that this thread isn't on fire and simply throw in my own two cents;

We can't stop videos like this being made. We really can't. When people have reached out in multiple ways to alert a keeper of their malpractice and they are met with ignorance and anger there's nothing else we can do. I think the only thing we can do is refrain from giving the man attention and hoping that if anyone who watches videos like this is inspired to get a tarantula that they end up here on the forums so we can offer advice. That's it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. StampFan

StampFan Arachnobaron Active Member

Calgary
    I think that is an admirable response after reading others' reactions and arguments, and doing some self-reflection. Good for you. Arachnoboards is a great place if you ignore the dislike button lol.

The problem with that is YouTubers like @petkokc admit that they were newbies when they started and learned and grew from experience and occasionally criticism. And someone like @petkokc often points out that he is not an expert, just a hobbyist who is still learning. And that's okay, too. @Tomoran has pointed this out in his podcasts recently, newbies need to start somewhere and learn.

Better just to comment on YouTube videos that you disagree with, comment (sometimes strongly) on things that you see are inappropriate, and perhaps unsubscribe and don't view again....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnobaron Active Member

When it comes to poor animal husbandry on a board filled with people that love animals, it is going to provoke a response.
    Most of them are correct this guy is incapable of providing proper care for the amount of animals he has.
    Cyber bullying give me a break, he posts his stuff out there for people to see he is not exempt from criticism

6. SonsofArachne

SonsofArachne Arachnobaron Active Member

I not sure that anyone has that much experience :eek: :troll:

7. xtnz

xtnz Arachnopeon

i hope that the arachnoboards community could do something about that. It's just that i see all this post about those youtube channels (ex. brian, darkden). But no one is doing anything to counter it (that includes me). How about boosting the good channels? even if it means creating dummy accounts ^_^.

8. VanessaS

VanessaS Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

• Like Like x 3