Someone tell Bryan Barczyk to stick to snakes!!!!!

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
There is no need to be sorry even if we get into heated debates at the end of the day everyone is here at arachnoboards to better their tarantulas lives.
We could actually make a sticky thread with a list of youtubers that should be ignored when it comes to tarantula care..just for those newbies

Derivative

Arachnosquire
We could actually make a sticky thread with a list of youtubers that should be ignored when it comes to tarantula care..just for those newbies
That sounds like a good idea. Although I consider myself somewhat of a noob as I am only 15 and even if I know how to care for tarantulas that doesnt mean I have the experience to stay calm if an Obt bolts up my pant leg.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
In true Rigor Mortis fashion I will pretend that this thread isn't on fire and simply throw in my own two cents;

We can't stop videos like this being made. We really can't. When people have reached out in multiple ways to alert a keeper of their malpractice and they are met with ignorance and anger there's nothing else we can do. I think the only thing we can do is refrain from giving the man attention and hoping that if anyone who watches videos like this is inspired to get a tarantula that they end up here on the forums so we can offer advice. That's it.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Yeah..I immediately took my own experiences with cyber bullying and applied them to someone i dont know personally.. I apologize. To everyone who posted here; I'm deeply sorry for my ignorance. I didn't stop to think folks will copy him and Ts will perish.. Just because I didnt doesnt mean others won't. I pray that folks are smarter than to see brians videos and go out and buy Ts using his videos as care guides..
I think that is an admirable response after reading others' reactions and arguments, and doing some self-reflection. Good for you. Arachnoboards is a great place if you ignore the dislike button lol.

The problem with that is YouTubers like @petkokc admit that they were newbies when they started and learned and grew from experience and occasionally criticism. And someone like @petkokc often points out that he is not an expert, just a hobbyist who is still learning. And that's okay, too. @Tomoran has pointed this out in his podcasts recently, newbies need to start somewhere and learn.

Better just to comment on YouTube videos that you disagree with, comment (sometimes strongly) on things that you see are inappropriate, and perhaps unsubscribe and don't view again....

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
I hate that this community can attack anyone they feel like. So judgemental and mean!!!! Relax and mind your own business all you're doing is working yourselves up over someone in Michigan that we can do NOTHING about. I'm not defending him but there is NO reason for this community to be this mean and judgemental. If you have the time and money to drive out to Michigan to actually HELP Brian learn better, do it!! If not, why is this hatred/judgement necessary?! It really isn't. Grow up!

Threads like this that are designed to attack a single person should be against the rules!!!!!!!!! No matter what they are doing or what our opinions are of him .

This is Cyber Bullying.
When it comes to poor animal husbandry on a board filled with people that love animals, it is going to provoke a response.
Most of them are correct this guy is incapable of providing proper care for the amount of animals he has.
Cyber bullying give me a break, he posts his stuff out there for people to see he is not exempt from criticism

xtnz

Arachnopeon
The only reason I stopped making videos is because of how long the editing process took. If someone is willing to take that over, I'd be happy to collaborate.
i hope that the arachnoboards community could do something about that. It's just that i see all this post about those youtube channels (ex. brian, darkden). But no one is doing anything to counter it (that includes me). How about boosting the good channels? even if it means creating dummy accounts ^_^.

isabel

Arachnopeon
I just saw this recent Brian Barczyk video and he is rehousing his tarantulas into awful enclosures. Why the hell is it a good idea to have a B. Hammori in an arboreal enclosure!!!! His B. Albopilosum and G. Rosea cages are also bad. Not to mention he handles all his spiders and doesnt even know the scientific names or basic tarantula anatomy. I mean his "Purple bird eater spider" is obviously a pamphobeteus mature male my guess is platyomma. I dont think he even realizes it is a mature male. At this point I hope someone gives him advice on how to keep tarantulas correctly because he honestly seems like a nice guy but I think he should stick to snakes if he doesnt change his tarantula husbandry. I may not be an expert in this hobby but even I know he isn't keeping his T's correctly.
If he can’t even recognise the difference between an arboreal and s terrestrial species and doesn’t know scientific names they why has he even bothered, apart from the glory of being able to claim owning a Tarantula?

You say ‘stick to snakes’ although his snake care is poor if I’m being polite. I could say lots of things about that man, many if which I shall restrain myself from doing so. For example, have you watched his video on the spider gene ball pythons? He’s like ‘a slight neurological issue’ (i paraquote, not watched it too recently) with regard to the wobble. The truth being, some snakes are so severely affected that euthanasia is the most humane option.

He’s not a good guy, focused entirely on money making and doesn’t give a care about the welfare or wellbeing of his animals (produce). He treats his animals like meaningless objects, not living, sentient beings.

Not I good guy and best avoided. He talks about wanting to teach people not to be afraid of reptiles, yet look at the titles of his videos!

He’s a very dramatic, hypercritical guy overall and shouldn’t be allowed to own, breed or sell animals. But there we go, that’s just my opinion and yours may way differ greatly to mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I remember a time where we criticized 'Deadly Tarantula Girl' for being only in it for the fame.:oldman:
But the dregs of society who since entered the invert community is a 1000 times worse... :confused:

gerryfkno

Arachnopeon
Definitely just putting on a show for views/likes which doesn't surprise me at all. Checked out a couple of his vids since I was considering checking out his Reptarium zoo since it's only about an hr drive from home. In one video he admitted he knows absolutely nothing about T's and is actually terrified of them.
Would expect him to at least put someone with some knowledge in charge of their care but apparently he doesn't have anyone.

Schledog

Arachnosquire
He should stick to... sticks.
I get it this quote is older but heck he can't even identify a stick, or should I say leaf because in one of his videos at a European reptile expo he called some kind of leaf insect a mantis. What the heck dude.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I originally found him helpful -- I had my first 'stuck in shed' BP issue a couple years back, and Bryan's was the first video hit I got when I searched. I soaked my BP using his method (well, every snake keeper's method really) and it did work. But then, as I started watching his other vids, he had some weird employees -- one weird guy who deliberately provoked snakes for the thrill of being bit. And Brian sounded sorta hyper wound up and his 'overly enthused' vocal style was grating. I never watched enough vids to realize how bad his keeping methods were.

This vid posted here was the first of his I'd seen of his in a few years. Had no idea he had gotten into Ts now also. I've watched a few more vids and sadly agree with this thread. :(
Such a shame, because he could do so much good if he'd calm down, study more, learn and use his years of snake keeping for the public good. Now he's just trying to get lots of subscribers and make some youtube money these days, I guess. :(

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I originally found him helpful -- I had my first 'stuck in shed' BP issue a couple years back, and Bryan's was the first video hit I got when I searched. I soaked my BP using his method (well, every snake keeper's method really) and it did work. But then, as I started watching his other vids, he had some weird employees -- one weird guy who deliberately provoked snakes for the thrill of being bit. And Brian sounded sorta hyper wound up and his 'overly enthused' vocal style was grating. I never watched enough vids to realize how bad his keeping methods were.

This vid posted here was the first of his I'd seen of his in a few years. Had no idea he had gotten into Ts now also. I've watched a few more vids and sadly agree with this thread. :(
Such a shame, because he could do so much good if he'd calm down, study more, learn and use his years of snake keeping for the public good. Now he's just trying to get lots of subscribers and make some youtube money these days, I guess. :(
His hyped up style is what immediately put me off to be honest. I thought Rob was hyper, but Brian is definitely worse. He reminds me of some salesmen rattling of all the benefits this superduper cleaning utensil of those television sales channels.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I remember a time where we criticized 'Deadly Tarantula Girl' for being only in it for the fame.:oldman:
But the dregs of society who since entered the invert community is a 1000 times worse... :confused:
Recently Tom Moran credited her with changing how he keeps his KB, so obviously she must know something. I've watched a few of her videos, I've definitely seen much worse. I've also seen people complain on these boards about how she likes to display her, uh, 'endowments' and all I can say is what does that have to do with her ability as a keeper?