1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone tell Bryan Barczyk to stick to snakes!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Derivative, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Derivative

Derivative Arachnopeon

Advertisement

I just saw this recent Brian Barczyk video and he is rehousing his tarantulas into awful enclosures. Why the hell is it a good idea to have a B. Hammori in an arboreal enclosure!!!! His B. Albopilosum and G. Rosea cages are also bad. Not to mention he handles all his spiders and doesnt even know the scientific names or basic tarantula anatomy. I mean his "Purple bird eater spider" is obviously a pamphobeteus mature male my guess is platyomma. I dont think he even realizes it is a mature male. At this point I hope someone gives him advice on how to keep tarantulas correctly because he honestly seems like a nice guy but I think he should stick to snakes if he doesnt change his tarantula husbandry. I may not be an expert in this hobby but even I know he isn't keeping his T's correctly.

• Sad Sad x 7
  2. Spidermolt

Spidermolt Arachnoknight

I never liked this guy he's so full of crap. :banghead:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

I skipped forward to a random part in the video and it happened to be the MM rehousings... HOLY DRAMA LLAMA, BATMAN. Why are there so many people, why are they talking about going to the hospital for a bite, why are they all saying "Oooh!" like little kids watching a fight? That was just friggin terrible...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Derivative

Derivative Arachnopeon

They were acting as if he was rehousing a 10 inch female P. Ornata. I mean seriously if you only heard the audio of this clip that would be what you thought it was. I honestly have no clue why they were scared. Pamphobeteus aren't exactly medically significant tarantulas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Teal

No one should act like that when rehousing ANY T. I don't understand the immature behaviour. People should be calm and quiet during a rehouse.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnobaron Active Member

It's funny, he's also looked down upon in the snake hobby as well. I'm pretty certain almost all experienced keepers of Herps and Inverts hate him or disagree with his many methods and messages.

My issue with Brian is that he's not experienced enough with inverts. He should just stick with ball pythons and not anything else. Like they say, "fake it till you make it". Which is what happened to him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Derivative

Derivative Arachnopeon

Yep I agree.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2019
  8. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Tell him to stick to dogs and cats

He's a terrible reptile keeper too. Just a miserable person all around who shouldn't be allowed to own exotics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Niclou69

Niclou69 Arachnopeon

His snake husbandry isn't all that much better than his invert husbandry tbh. This guy is pretty much a meme in the snake hobby.

10. Dandrobates

Dandrobates Arachnopeon Active Member

This guy is a friggin fool.

11. Teal

Not on my watch.

He should stick to... sticks.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  12. EtienneN

EtienneN Arachnonovelist Arachnosupporter

I think he’s either over caffeinated or has some kind of personality disorder bc of the speed of his talking. He has the mentality of an utter two year old. I feel not only sorry for his Ts and reptiles but also the humans who have to live with him, too. He’s like the crazy questionable uncle that everyone has, but nobody wants to claim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MintyWood826

MintyWood826 Arachnoknight Active Member

USA
    And it's not jut him. None of those people with him probably know anything either. Like seriously, NONE of them got good info?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Derivative

Derivative Arachnopeon

Yeah that guy with the distended earlobe thingy thinking he was an expert pissed me off

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. VanessaS

VanessaS Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

Plenty of people have told him. I've commented on his deplorable videos and I have just commented on this horror show too. He ignores everyone who doesn't agree with him - dismisses them as 'jealous' and 'haters' as per idiot YouTube channel owner guidelines.
    He's a bloody awful disgrace.

• Sad Sad x 5
  16. Derivative

Derivative Arachnopeon

Youtubers who have a big following tend to be very ignorant and they're fanboys even more so all we can do is hope that they somehow stop being stubborn and change.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. VanessaS

VanessaS Grammostola Groupie Arachnosupporter

You're being optimistic, and that is really very kind of you, but the only thing I'm hoping for is that he gets a face full of Theraphosa hairs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Award Award x 1
  18. Crone Returns

Crone Returns Arachnoangel Active Member

I:banghead: can't:banghead: take it:banghead:.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. SkittleBunny

SkittleBunny Arachnosquire

TX
    I've noticed this as well, being a daily viewer of his channel. However, I don't have any opinion or care on the matter. We can't change what he's doing so I choose not to get upset about it. It's none of my business; I care for MY T's properly, and that's what I'm worried about, all we can do is try to educate folks on proper care. Will it do anything for Brian? Eh, probably not. They never listen.

20. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

Won't watch and give him views. He shouldn't stick to snakes. He's a truly awful keeper.

I wouldn't trust him to look after a cactus. Pet rocks are about the only thing he should be allowed to have.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1