Someone please help

MasterB758

Arachnopeon
So nothing out if the ordinary has happened but yesterday I put some lettuce and carrots in my millipede habitat
And today I guess I abruptly got my millipede and it seems that he's only moving the top half of his body and slightly moving his legs
What do you think it could be?
It's really worrying me so I put him back and im hoping for the best

mickiem

Arachnoprince
What do you mean by "abruptly"? Do you think you could have damaged his exoskeleton? It's best to leave him alone and see if he will be ok. A little R&R is in order.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Then I would just leave him to be quiet and check on him tomorrow.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
I had a centipede with a digestive tract blockage... It couldn't move its head to 6th segment, but every leg after the blockage could still walk. Sadly, there was no way to save it.

For the millipede, just wait and see and don't disturb him until you really feel like it is necessary.

Perhaps there were pesticides on the lettuce/ carrot? Usually millipedes are able to handle some non-organic produce.

7Fin

Arachnoknight
I completely agree with the others- The best thing you can do is leave the millipede alone and hope for the best. In general, you shouldn't handle your millipede often, let alone "abruptly". I try to avoid handling my pedes as much as I can, only doing so when I need to.

MasterB758

Arachnopeon
I had a centipede with a digestive tract blockage... It couldn't move its head to 6th segment, but every leg after the blockage could still walk. Sadly, there was no way to save it.

For the millipede, just wait and see and don't disturb him until you really feel like it is necessary.

Perhaps there were pesticides on the lettuce/ carrot? Usually millipedes are able to handle some non-organic produce.
Assuming the possibility that there was pesticides, is it possible he'll be okay?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Assuming the possibility that there was pesticides, is it possible he'll be okay?
There would be no way to know how much he ingested or what type of biocides may have been present. But generally speaking, if this was caused by pesticides, if the ingested amount didn't kill him right away; as he eats and drinks it may leave his system.

How long have you had these millipedes? What are you using for substrate?

No matter what comes across my mind as to what the problem may be; the best you can do is let him be quiet. Maybe he needs to molt? If I interrupt a surface molt, they are curled up and not active. It is hard to diagnose millipede problems, but if you keep an eye on the situation, you are gathering information and experience.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Is he still capable of movement or curled up?
What species is he?

While he may recover yet, or be molting, it may sound harsh but do not expect a full recovery. Orin McMonigle said that any sign of a millipede dying (limpness, dead segments, even sluggishness) is the sign that it is already been too late.

MasterB758

Arachnopeon
To be completely honest, I know that he is gonna die. He is barely able to move and more and more segments are "paralyzed" and unable to move. I understand that he might just be molting, but I'm pretty sure that's not the case. Orthoporus Ornatus