Some Spider Pics

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's a link to some pictures I took of local spiders. I'll be adding more as time goes on:

Spider Pictures

Enjoy! :)

John Sloan

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi John,

They are some excellent pictures, the first Phidippus borealis is the best in my opinion. How close did you have to get the lens to take that photo?

Cheers,

jsloan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
danread said:
Hi John,

They are some excellent pictures, the first Phidippus borealis is the best in my opinion. How close did you have to get the lens to take that photo?

Cheers,
Yes, that's one of my favorite shots, too. It was great luck that I got the picture, because this spider was moving almost constantly, and when it did stop it took me a few seconds to focus the camera before taking a picture; by that time the spider was often moving again. I got a lot of out-of-focus shots, and several pictures showing just a spider leg in the corner as it was walking off before I got this one.

I was using a pair of closeup lenses for a total of 17x on my Kodak DX4330. I was about an inch away from the spider. Fortunately, the light was at the right angle where I didn't cast a shadow on the spider with the camera.

John Sloan