Some questions about terrarium.

beggy

Arachnopeon
I want to ask you some questinos about terrarium. Its 0.5gal tank with many holes upside, bought it in local pet store. Decided to make this one for my P.irminia L3. Its 4 day in this terrarium and yesterday he went in hide which I made from dry bark. Its like 5cm deep.

So:
1. Did this terrarium isn`t too big for him/her?
2. How to hold humidity in terrarium? Because I spray water on walls and there is a waterdish too, but after 4 hours terrarium is dry, and I think there isn`t required 75-80% humidity. What can i do to this?

DSC06006.jpg

XLRX8

Arachnopeon
In my experience a large tank for small spider is fine, it will make webs that are very large in proportion to it's size, which is cool. The only issue being if it will settle in and find it's prey. If it is wandering about not making any sort of webbing, for more than a week, I would suggest you either put a lot more twigs and bark etc in there so that it can find a place to hide, or put it in something smaller. Arboreal Ts that wander about and don't web tend to die. If it is hiding inside some webbing, it's doing fine.

To keep in humidity, just put some tape over the air vents, maybe tape the ones along the sides, and leave the end ones open. It might be better to tape a strip of paper or something over, because tape on it's own will have a sticky back and might trap its legs.

I'm sure you will be told by others that P. irminia is arboreal, and your set up looks more terrestrial/burrowing, but I would say it's fine, just maybe add a cluster of two of vertical twigs etc so that it has more options to web above the ground. I have six P. irminia that I keep in beer glasses, and they all make long tubular webs that go both along the ground and upwards. They also all have a small burrow connected to the web.

Hope that helps :)