Some new species added to my collection

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sweetness, what is the size of the T. forcipula? What is its distribution? And, of course, the pedipalps of the male Chactas are quite impressive. Good luck in breeding and establishing them.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the male is pushing 70 mm and females around 55-60 mm...both species are from Colombia...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That Chactas male is crazy. To bad we don't even have the genus in the US yet,

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, these Chactas males exhibit some pretty obvious sexual dimorphism with those elongated pedipalps...My favourite is the T.forcipula male, because it looks like a scorpion bulldog, bulbous chela, posteriorly widened metasomal segments, resembling Rhopalurus, and rather hirsute overall, unlike most other Tityus I have seen...

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

ftorres

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello All

Michiel, nice additions to the collection, good luck with them.

If I may, I would like to know how you get this rare species. Do you find them on recent imports to dealers in you area or
Do you actually go to their locality in collect them yourself? Do you work with a University research team or something similar?

Thank you.

Francisco

2nscorpx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Michiel, those T. forcipula are from subgenus Atreus, right?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
@Tuhin: yes, subgenus Atreus

@Francisco: I work as a guest researcher in the Netherlands Centre for Biodiversity and I have not collected these specimens myself. I receive scorpions sometimes from colleauges working with other animal groups that collect in certain countries and in the near future I will visit some countries to collect scorpions myself, or with other arachnologists....