1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some good news that is more predicated on the bad news.

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Nolan B, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Nolan B

Nolan B Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    She is in the same condition... No better no worse. I'm going to take this as a good sign though because she hasn't got worse. Seems to be having some trouble unfurling her back four legs however. Does anyone know if she might drop these to due to damage from the cold? Also, does anyone know if there may be neurological problems from this? She is still very uncoordinated when she does move.

2. Nolan B

Nolan B Arachnopeon

She passed away today

• Sad Sad x 9
  3. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Thats a completely normal and acceptable box.

I cut all my own styrofoam to fit as most do....its hard to find the right size cooler to fit the right size box, its not realistic to see that every time. 20180817_184047.jpg 20180817_184034.jpg

Its seperated to keep the hest pack from shifting and coming into contact with the ts. The pack just needs to warm the box...now, the barrier shouldnt be a full on block off, you do want the heat to be able to flow around it.

Shipping a freshly molted t shouldnt be a problem, although most shippers will give at least one meal prior to shipping....but this shouldnt be cause for a dead t.

Theres the issue. Sure, we can ship in sub par conditions, and often they do survive, but its a risky move IMO....I currently have half a dozen orders on hold, some to your area, and i am waiting another week or three until better conditions present themselves.

Im really sorry to hear that...thats just an additional kick in the butt there.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Nolan B

Nolan B Arachnopeon

@cold blood Thanks for your words. The picture of that box is just about how everything else comes. Box they came in was flatter and more rectangular, but I don't know how much it really mattered. I should've been more vigilant with checking the temperatures in my area and paid the price :/ Lesson learned.