Some gbb questions

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
So my GBB I ordered from ken the bug guy just arrived here it is in all its glory
20180912_223327.jpg
(Thanks to ken for being awesome about shipping it) but I want some opinions on If this enclosure good or not
20180912_221030.jpg
It's in a 16 oz deli cup the substraight is dry used from an old enclosure I had lying around that the dirt dryed out in its just wet enough so that it would clump together to be packed down I have 2 rows of cross ventilation and one row of top ventilation and i squirted some water into one area to allow a drinking area but still enough dry area to not kill it. So what do you think

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Are you sure those holes aren't too big? Maybe it is just the angle, but they look like they are the same size or maybe even a little bit bigger than the sling's carapace.

I am really curious what the green sticks are lol

But it looks good! The little one will web it up quickly.

You *can* add a water bowl, but it is likely to get webbed up/over/etc. So, I just add some water to my GBB sling's encosure every few days.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I agree with @Teal about the water. Mine webbed it over twice. I uncovered it both times (much to its displeasure while I was doing so). Subsequently, it turned over a third time, AND webbed it over within a few hours.

Congrats on the acquisition! Now, sit back and enjoy its beauty, ferocity toward all prey, and dislike of intrusions.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Might want to give that little guy a feed. The enclosure looks like it will do but as others said, add a water cap for a water dish. Once the T makes a web over the water dish and everything else, gently pull the dish from the web and place it level on a part of the web on higher ground.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That T needs to be fattened up, which will be very easy to do w/that species.

Agree on hole size.

Water bowl necessary, I think they all will web over a bowl sooner or later. Sometimes they learn not to bother with a specific area if you keep disrupting it. My AF doesn't web over her bowl nearly as much as she used to do.

Web free bowls are important or water wicks out.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
I'm concerned about the green stuff. Is that some sort of dyed material, and if so, is it going to run if it gets wet? I'm just concerned it might be something that would be hazardous to your tarantula, especially if feeders got into it or nibbled on it.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I've never had mine web over its water bowl. That doesn't mean that yours will or won't, but it's not a certainty.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Update so I fed it two large cricket legs like a week a couple weeks ago and it's doing amazing and also it's the first tarantula to kick hairs at me so that was fun to deal with

I'm concerned about the green stuff. Is that some sort of dyed material, and if so, is it going to run if it gets wet? I'm just concerned it might be something that would be hazardous to your tarantula, especially if feeders got into it or nibbled on it.
No I've used it with tones of my spiders never had any problems

Last edited by a moderator: