Solpugids??

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Not sure where to post this question so I'm posting in both forums .Are camel spiders (Solpugids)venomous?

Last edited:

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
completely wrong forum
they are not T's..
or scorps..
try the true spiders/other arachnids
also, a simple google search would have answered your question

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes, wrong forum but i'll tell you anyway. No, they're not venomous but do have a very nasty bite. They are unbelievably fast also. I've heard they're a little tricky to keep.

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, wrong forum but i'll tell you anyway. No, they're not venomous but do have a very nasty bite. They are unbelievably fast also. I've heard they're a little tricky to keep.
Which ones? The splogufudides or the "camel sider"?

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
Which ones? The splogufudides or the "camel sider"?
hahaha, love the shpeliing. camel spiders/sun spiders/windscorpions/solpugids/whatever you call them are not venomous, although i believe there is maybe one species from africa that is capable of injecting venom. not sure of the species. other than that, no. just a nasty bite. very nasty from the sound of the crunching exoskeleton of the unfortunate prey item ;P

oh- and not too terribly hard to keep, only to breed IME.

Tarantula_Hawk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
although i believe there is maybe one species from africa that is capable of injecting venom. not sure of the species.
The species is from India, and its a member of the Rhagodidae called Raghodes nigrocinctus;) . Other than this particular case, there has been no other record about venom in any camel spider. Just a powerful bite and a possible nasty infection.