Question Soliciting not allowed, but can I share my blog?

Mindibun

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I tried to message a mod personally, but couldn't find a link to do so. I'm sorry to clutter up the forum with a useless thread, but I don't want to break the rules. I tried the search function but still couldn't answer my question...

I created a thread quite a while back, and, just recently (last week or so), someone commented on it asking for updates. I made a whole post about it on my blog and would like to be able to just post the link in response, as it answers their question with many photos -- and who doesn't want more followers for their blog? But I'm not sure if that constitutes "soliciting." I'm not selling anything; am I allowed to post my blog link in response to this question? Or do I have to upload all my photos to imgur and post each one with an explanation?

Thanks for answering my question, either way.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It's more about not posting things for sale. I (and many others) have posted personal YouTube channels in the past. It's the same idea - your ideas on a forum. Yours just happens to be written word rather than video.

Just don't go selling anything outside of the classifieds section ;)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@EulersK Let's toss in the link to the rules section regarding posting things for sale, okay? (Some people are like me. Search challenged)

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
You can also add a link in your signature. As long as it falls within the guidelines of the rules, of course. ;)

Debby