solfugid

mick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi,

Well I finally got my solfugid yesterday and is it ever cool. It walks around quite a bit but hasn't eaten yet. It's only an inch and a half so lets hope it lasts a little while .It is from Egypt. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks,
Mick

Stardust

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hmmm...maybe u can post a pic or 2 for all of us here to see ??? {D

mick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not the face thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Mick

mick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sorry about the crappy pic but my digicam isn't all that great.
Mick

Attachments

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Do you have anything for it to hide under?

mick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, I'm using a big piece of corkbark that I removed for the pic. Wierd though it is scared of it's food and wont eat :?
Mick

CIRE

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
From all the photos and video clips that I've seen of these guys, they seem to be living on fine sand and hide under rocks and stuff during the day. You should probably only try to feed it at night, but beyond that I really don't know why it's not eating...they're supposed to be quite the eaters...one reason why they don't live so long I guess...

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It looks like you have a Galeodid which is an almost entirely nocturnal solifugid family. They can act sluggish during the day and then be very active at night hunting by vibration and vision.

Alex S.

mick

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Damn it !

I found it dead on Monday... only 3 days after I got it,they aren't very tough I suspect. All conditions were right ..I dont know what happened...
Mick

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
mick said:
Damn it !

I found it dead on Monday... only 3 days after I got it,they aren't very tough I suspect. All conditions were right ..I dont know what happened...
Mick

Sorry to hear about the loss, Mick. Solifugids naturally have very short lives as adults and just dont do well in captivity. Thats just the way it naturally is...

Alex S.