Social media to the rescue after abandoned tarantula found in southern Alberta

ThatsUnpossible

Arachnosquire
Nice to see people helping the poor creature, I hope it pulls through ‘cos she sounds like she’ll give it a loving home. :)

I can never understand why anybody abandons a pet when there are charities that will help out. They must be heartless :(

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Nice to see people helping the poor creature, I hope it pulls through ‘cos she sounds like she’ll give it a loving home. :)

I can never understand why anybody abandons a pet when there are charities that will help out. They must be heartless :(
I have a hunch about why it was abandoned and I'd be surprised if it didn't have something to do with animal rights group propaganda.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have a hunch about why it was abandoned and I'd be surprised if it didn't have something to do with animal rights group propaganda.
Good grief, isn't there always one. Animal rights people aren't endangering animals, suggesting that people endanger animals, or anything even close. I know this for a fact, because I am one. Give it up, already. This was an animal that someone didn't want anymore, got caught with when they weren't allowed to have them, or just got overwhelmed because they weren't prepared for a huge, feisty, tarantula. It happens every single day - there is no conspiracy.

krbshappy71

Arachnosquire
I could almost get back on FB just in the hopes of helping T's, scorpions, and centipedes. But I really dislike everything else on FB so not sure I can do it. Sigh. Happy it was rescued!