1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SoCal Isopod Species ID?

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by SamanthaMarikian, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Advertisement
    E42D9597-2459-4C01-80FD-E493484D20B5.jpeg 2FBF1A65-9933-49B0-B4B3-BE4AFDB7163D.jpeg Sorry the pics are really bad. I’m trying to take some better ones rn. They all seem to have the same pattering but there is a fair bit of color variation and a large population where i found them. I found them in my tortoise’s pen outside underneath some hay. Any species suggestion would be helpful. Thanks in advance

2. Here’s some hopefully better ones. Thankss

Attached Files:

3. Aquarimax

Aquarimax Arachnoangel Active Member

Utah
    They are still fairly small in the pictures, but from what I can tell, they are probably an Armadillidium species.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yea i got that they’re an armadillidium species but i cant find anything accurate because they’re so small and i cant really find any bigger with the same pattern and colors

5. Aquarimax

Aquarimax Arachnoangel Active Member

Utah
    Ah, I see. It is quite likely that they are A. vulgare. They often have patterns/colors that the subsequently lose as they mature.

6. yeah i took a few better ones too. thank uu

Attached Files: