soap washed surfaces

kevinlowl

Arachnoknight
When I had jumping spiders I used to wash their glass bottles with soap and that made them unable to climb the bottle surface. I have plastic bottles that used to contain popcorn and I'm wondering what I should use to clean the oils in them. Any suggestions on how I should clean them? I'm assuming the surface that has been washed with soap would affect an arboreal tarantula the same way as jumping spider.

Last edited:

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
I think that detergent hot water and a bunch of paper towels should do the trick with the oils.

On a different note; Im not really sure if the containers you speak of would be appropriate for the Ts.. Pictures would be great.

Edited, I misread. Sorry :)

ledzeppelin

Arachnobaron
Also, i dont think that Ts will have a problem climbing if you rinse it well and wipe well. I washed some of my cages with dish soap and I have had no problems so far.. Just make sure you rinse and wipe well

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I use liquid dish soap to wash cages and have never had a problem with it. You just need to rinse thoroughly to get all the soap off.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I use Green Klean, also sold as Simply Green, a biodegradable cleaner. Removes grease/oil better than Dawn dish soap. I rinse thoroughly and dry immediately, no problems.
Spot cleaning poo, I use a foam painter's brush dipped in warm water.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Yup..... triple rinse if you use soap. I do that for Ts, reptiles, and even aquaria, despite most people cautioning against it. I've personally never had issues.