[Inquiry] So, which one is it?..

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So which one is it? just out of curiosity.. and why is it so many different dates
12-05-2010 02:33 PM

PET CENTER USA / Paul becker
Torrance,Ca. / Los Angeles

EST. 1995* UPDATED LIST for FRIDAY 12-5-10*
this on 12/06/2010..
12-06-2010 08:36 PM

Torrance,Ca. / Los Angeles

EST. 1993*UPDATED LIST for MONDAY 12-6-10*
that one was till 4th of July

then on the 8th it went to this one ..
Los Angeles,Ca. / Los Angeles
EST. 1989* UPDATED LIST for FRIDAY JULY-8th-2011*
1995? 1993? 1989?? 1200BC??

or just bunch of horse droppings.......

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So which one is it? just out of curiosity.. and why is it so many different dates

this on 12/06/2010..
that one was till 4th of July

then on the 8th it went to this one ..

1995? 1993? 1989?? 1200BC??

or just bunch of horse droppings.......
He's clearly that awesome!....And he can smuggle likes nobody's business too! How does President Paul Becker sound, hmmmmmmm? He's just clearly the best at everything, just read it on his posts! Too funny!

Swifty

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
one can NOT change an "established date"

Once you declare a business established date, you can't change it. Why has he changed his established date three times recently??? What else can be changed and said to suite a purpose from this individual?

Well, for some background, take the time to read up on some facts below. Kelly and I have been around since the creation of our hobby. We both know the truth and facts about things like this. You only need to read the facts in the court docs below to understand how somebody can change things around like an established date of their business. The below links are facts, not opinions and have been posted on AB recently this year. Some people read these court docs and are very informed now. Others did not yet. Please take the time to read them. They are very important for you to understand how things that transpired have affected our trade/hobby and how you, the hobbyist, should go forward in your purchase/trade decisions.

Paul Becker (Pet Center U.S.A.), Torrance, CA
- See court documents of his activities at:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5pe73878j6x62kc
and
http://www.mediafire.com/?5pe73878j6x62kc

Last edited:

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
From what I understand PetCenter was established in 2002 back when his original review thread was started below. That was when he sold some wrong species to customers. He quickly went out of business at that time.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...USA-now-Arachnocenter-(www.arachnocenter.com)

Paul Becker then came back in 2008 and started over again and started a new review thread without that info in it. Atleast that was the only time line I know of....

Last edited:

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So how is it works? if someone been doing business lets say in 1999 for year or two then diapered/fold the business and come back in 2008 with different name/ names would it be appropriate to claim established date since 1999?
That is my question

paulatpetshop

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I see assumptions have been made here..and also some rather disconcerting assumptions again has been posted again by my competition ..My competition wants to make this another attack on me..? sheeshhhhh..!!! Don't you guys have anything better to do than to ???

What's happening here is my competition is just looking to stir things up.. They are obviously upset because I continue to impact their business...
I started keeping tarantulas at age 10 aprox.. and began selling Reptiles/Tarantulas at shows in 1989 using my resale license obtained from the California State Board of Equalization (before internet)..I opened a storefront in 1993...The first forum post of "est 1995" was incorrect and I have the right to change it...

Regarding Kens last remark against me..about wrong animals etc........ Come-on man...really..? That's not what happened and it's not fair or true ..Obviously this is an attempt to discredit me because I am still here providing great customer service, excellent shipping , tons of care tips and all in all a good service and a great place to get started with keeping tarantulas.. I have low prices and I dont try to over charge newcomers and actually answer the phone.. It seems like this thread was started by my competition as an attack on me.. the only people that are making comments on it is my competition ..and it's more like an attack than anything else.. !!! sheeesh..!!!
I know you guys want me out..!!! Probably because you want to raise the prices again!!! Moderators..take a look at this thread...these people are my competition and only want to stir things up again..

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see assumptions have been made here..and also some rather disconcerting assumptions again has been posted again by my competition ..My competition wants to make this another attack on me..? sheeshhhhh..!!! Don't you guys have anything better to do than to ???

What's happening here is my competition is just looking to stir things up.. They are obviously upset because I continue to impact their business...
I started keeping tarantulas at age 10 aprox.. and began selling Reptiles/Tarantulas at shows in 1989 using my resale license obtained from the California State Board of Equalization (before internet)..I opened a storefront in 1993...The first forum post of "est 1995" was incorrect and I have the right to change it...

Regarding Kens last remark against me..about wrong animals etc........ Come-on man...really..? That's not what happened and it's not fair or true ..Obviously this is an attempt to discredit me because I am still here providing great customer service, excellent shipping , tons of care tips and all in all a good service and a great place to get started with keeping tarantulas.. I have low prices and I dont try to over charge newcomers and actually answer the phone.. It seems like this thread was started by my competition as an attack on me.. the only people that are making comments on it is my competition ..and it's more like an attack than anything else.. !!! sheeesh..!!!
I know you guys want me out..!!! Probably because you want to raise the prices again!!! Moderators..take a look at this thread...these people are my competition and only want to stir things up again..
Help moderators! These guys are being mean to me!! I commented because I thought it was funny, not that I'm worried about you being competition. I'm a breeder, I sell U.S. bred tarantulas, what do you do Paul, peddle tarantulas? I could beat your prices any day of the week, but I don't because I care about the tarantulas, and don't believe in devaluing them to keep up with people like you that smuggled their way to the top. You've been banned by two other websites for your activities, NOT for what YOUR competitors have done to you. YOU did this! I had tarantulas as a kid too, does that mean I should change my established date to the 70's!? I know you'd like to think you make a big impact on dealers like me, but you don't. I really don't give a crap what you do, stay, go, it doesn't matter to me, because eventually your customers will come to, and see that your prices and butt-kissing isn't enought to justify the measures you've taken to get your business to this point.

Swifty

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Paul,

There you go crying again, you the only one seems draw quiet a bit negative attention, nothing that been said here is not truth
you been in and out since your established date several times for all not very good reasons and comeback climbing up your way by blowing magical pink dust up new folks ass masking your real identity and illegal activities, don't have to go far to see is all just type your name here in search, you just want all be buried and forgotten just like past times
also many tips on your website are phony and misleading
You phony, the only horse you ride that new folks don't know jack about you

Anastasia

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
From what I understand PetCenter was established in 2002 back when his original review thread was started below. That was when he sold some wrong species to customers. He quickly went out of business at that time.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...USA-now-Arachnocenter-(www.arachnocenter.com)

Paul Becker then came back in 2008 and started over again and started a new review thread without that info in it. At least that was the only time line I know of....
Just out of curiosity, why hasn't Becker's old review thread been merged with his "new" one? I've seen other individuals/businesses have two review threads that were quickly merged. With all that we have found about this past year about Becker's smuggling activities from the thread referenced below, I think merging the two review threads would be a valuable for hobbyists to know about in one thread.

I also believe the thread "US Dealer Involved in Smuggling revealed in court documents" (http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...in-court-documents&highlight=dealer+smuggling) should be made available for public viewing in the same review thread as well. How about a "sticky" note on his review thread?

On other thing, after reading those court docs and also hearing how Becker threw everybody he could under the bus to save his own tail due to HIS actions, a majority of it lies about his competitors (even internationally), why in the world does he think there wouldn't be some kind of retribution??? In about one month, I expect to see all kinds of things Becker has been trying to hide come out for everybody to see. You think it's bad now. Wait till everybody sees that information. Not just in the U.S., but internationally. A lot of people are going to be very, very pissed off at Mr. Paul Becker.

There is a serious lack of responsibility by Paul Becker. IF you don't want people to know you as a smuggler, don't smuggle. IF you don't want people to call you a lier, don't lie and don't change your establishment date of your business three times (amongst many other lies). IF you don't want competitors to be mad at you, don't squeal like a pig in the movie "Deliverance" when in a room with agents questioning you about your smuggling activities and naming your competitors (even internationally) and making up lies to take the heat off of what you do and did. IF you don't want the hobby to know you "walmarted" our hobby with your practices of devaluing good species hurting breeders, importers, dealers by your smuggling activities and bringing legal attention to our trade and hobby, then don't smuggle and try to devalue everything so cheap so you can get a leg up on your competition. You've hurt breeders, dealers, importers and hobbyists with what you've done. I don't see any remorse. Most of all, I don't see you taking any responsibility what-so-ever. Any negative karma coming back due to your actions, is YOUR responsibility. Notice all the other dealers/importers and most of all captive breeders get along fine. We all have our niches in this hobby. Your smuggling, your lying, your cheapening of our hobby - walmarting our hobby is YOUR responsibility. I reference facts with what's already known about what you've done. I'm gritting my teeth and holding back when it comes to my real opinion of you.

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...aled-in-court-documents&p=1886763#post1886763
"I don’t blame people for hating me or calling me names or not wanting to buy from me"

- then, Paul why are you crying now?

"It's unknown what the punishment will be at this time yet and I am not able to comment on what it will be at this time ."

- what was your punishment Paul??? What happened with your court hearing you told the hobby about???

Jose

paulatpetshop

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
First of all.. This thread is obviously a calculated attack by my competitors... I never had a problem with anyone in this hobby..and I have a right to make a living.. Only my competitors are the ones crying here.. I can not help that you have a problem with me.. I just mark up my spiders to a reasonable degree.. I don't overcharge people or sell wild caught dehydrated spiders , nor do i wish to engage in a bashing like this.All my spiders are legal . It seems the only people crying here is my competition so they resort to "If you can't beat him,discredit him tactics" These tactics are underhanded and unethical..The bottom line is I have beaten my competition with fair pricing,selection,care tips and a willingness to care about the customers needs.. this is the American way of doing business...and it makes me sad to see how you have twisted this all around for you own benefit.. .. My customers are very happy and thankful that they dont have to buy from overpriced dealers.. As far as what I did.. it was wrong, but i did not build my business on smuggling.. and I simply stated the truth when I was asked.. I only hurt myself, not this hobby. It is all this bickering back and fourth and overpricing that actually hurts this hobby...Either I am able to get better prices on my spiders that I sell or you are paying too much.. This walmart stuff is incorrect as well, I didn't devalue anything,, I simply marked it up the reasonable amount..This is common in every industry in the United States..After all you dont see Target bashing Walmart because they sell TV's for less money etc..Ohh but it sure seems to be a big problem here..The standards are set by the customer in any industry , not the dealers.. The wholesale prices are the same as they were many years ago.. therefore the retail prices remain about the same.. Yes I left this hobby for a while during a divorce, but i remained registered and paid my taxes etc...Therefore the established date.. ..I and many other people know you want me out so you want to keep the prices up in order to make money..You can make all the excuses in the world and bash me to try to justify your actions all you want, but the customer will make the final determinations as to whom they choose to buy from.. Swifty, I never had a problem with you and would never want to agrue with you.. Ken, I understand your position and you have a family to feed...Anesthasia,I dont respect you at all because you called me up that day and told me how to run my business..Todd, You ripped me off early in my career and I have had nothing but bad dealings with you as many others have and I too have no remorse for you either.. If you guys don't want me here, then that's fine.. But Im not going to let you run me out like a dog...If you want to buy me out then that's fine... I will go away because I am sick of all the bashing and games the three of you are playing..It's not negative karma.. it's the same old game discredit the competion to make them leave ,so you can go back to getting a higher mark up on your spiders..
I made a mistake with the bringing in of spiders without papers and I will take responsibility for that..but all this other stuff you guys are dishing out is simply an attack..One last note.. I am not squealing like a pig as you say.. I'm only responding to this crap..I am a Rhino, not a pig..

xenesthis

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I made a mistake with the bringing in of spiders without papers.
A "mistake"???!!!???? You deliberately smuggled. Not once, but several times! It's not simply a mistake. How many more lies will you tell? What are you going to do next month when more of your lies are made public and how you threw everybody under the bus? Quit pointing fingers at everybody else for your smuggling, not mistakes, YOUR smuggling activities! This crap about you pricing stuff and how you are America's favorite dealer is such <edit>. You smuggled stock to put up those prices!

"you dont see Target bashing Walmart..." --- You are trying to compare them to you? They didn't smuggle!

"I only hurt myself, not this hobby." ---- WHAT? DO YOU NOT READ? YOU hurt this hobby Paul - PERIOD!

You are so bad, you put down your sister and father's addresses to hide your smuggled stock. You put your own family under the bus! How low is that???

Last edited by a moderator:

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The pet business is all I know.. Like I said earlier.. I did not file the correct importation documents. This was a mistake and I take full responsibility. I am also facing the the same charges as Sven .. I hope that I do not loose my freedom and hope to restart my life again…If you guys don’t want me around, then so be it.. I will move on to a new career...
Please do that, possibly new career that don't involved import/export animals

PS: and disrespect is mutual, you wore so desperate to buy my animals for resale, but I just wont sell them to you ;P
please note, none of my animals peddlerpaul have even so I herd he claimed so

Last edited:

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ken, I understand your position and you have a family to feed...
Hey Paul, I have a family to feed too! I have two boys age 14 and 5, so don't go there. It's only princepal that I commented. I worked my ass off to get where I'm at, and it wasn't by gouging my customers, or smuggling. You can gouge gas, and maybe bread, but tarantulas? Tarantulas are one of the cheapest exotic animals in the industry, and a luxury. You can't gouge a luxury. You've gone from being real cocky to I just want to make a living. Shut the hell up Paul! What do you think all of us dealers are doing in this economy? It ain't worrying about you and your prices. We have our own businesses to deal with. You've never seen me move my prices down because of yours? Never. How do you get that we are jumping on you because your business is so awesome, and were all suffering from it? That's pathetic, and in your own mind. Don't you think if I was so into keeping up with you, I'd post like everyday like you? Dude, I posted last time my list a month or so ago on this board. Doesn't sound like the desperate measures your talking about. The fact is I don't feel I need to keep throwing my list into the faces of my customers just so they get numb to it. You asked for all this by putting your little disclaimers on your site about how other dealers are trying to take advantage of you (the customer) with their price gouging. That's personal man! None of any other dealers have stooped to the levels of that, but it's even more disturbing coming from somebody that really should shut up because of the recent past behavior! But NO, you had to shove it in eveybody's faces. I don't ever have to result in exposing any of my competitors for any of their weaknesses, because I can run on my own steam, even if that means I loose a sale. I may not agree with all the dealers, and their prices etc., but there is a level of respect to have amongst each other, because this is a hard business, and I know how they feel. Your the only one gone off the rails, and resulted in trying to discredit the other dealers for your gain. Could you for gods sake try a dose of humility? You need to start wearing somebody else's shoes, and you need to start with Sven's. After all you are the one that made him wear them for 6 months.

Swifty

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well said

Swift said as good as it can be said really. I feel Paul that you attacked us first with saying things such as "our special network" and posting things like "don't buy from people with wild caught" and that the other dealers "lie to make me look bad". Who are you attacking with those statements but a few people including myself? Not too long ago you had wild caught on your list so did you all of the sudden become a good samaritan? No I think its more like you are trying to make others like myself look bad in some way. Is this thread an attack you? I do think so but I would not have joined in these attacks like I have if I did not feel that you lashed out first. I have said nothing that is not true so the dirt is dirt that existed not made up dirt.

Swifty

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it is allowed by Admins/MODs, may I inquire as to what those two sites are?

Thanks.
Whether it's allowed or not, that info is very easy to find, and at this point, I don't want to be accused of picking on anybody.

Swifty

0siris

Arachnosquire
I personally think this is no longer a valid thread for this forum subsection.

I have an idea, lets start a "<crap> on Paul Becker" thread in a off topic forum, and stop posting in serious sections. Imo that's why the search function is not nearly as effective, because you have to wade through crap like this to find anything you want.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I personally think this is no longer a valid thread for this forum subsection.

I have an idea, lets start a "<crap> on Paul Becker" thread in a off topic forum, and stop posting in serious sections. Imo that's why the search function is not nearly as effective, because you have to wade through crap like this to find anything you want.
Awesome idea! Run with it. Start it up and you will have plenty of posts for that thread after what we have read in those court documents.

Jose

0siris

Arachnosquire
Awesome idea! Run with it. Start it up and you will have plenty of posts for that thread after what we have read in those court documents.
Quite frankly, I couldn't be bothered...this was merely a suggestion to the OP and everyone who agrees with him/her. I have much better things to do than dig up dirt on someone I don't even know