1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, what's on everyone's wish list for the coming months?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Grimmdreadly, May 18, 2017 at 8:53 PM.

1. TarantulaArvind

TarantulaArvind Arachnopeon

India
    Advertisement
    well!! in the coming months ill most probably be having my first batch of Ts. my wishlist is either 1 or all of the below:angelic::woot:
    B Albo
    G pulchra
    A genic
    C Cyaenopubescens
    C versicolor(or any other erstwhile Avic)
    :p

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoknight Active Member

They don't actually need or benefit from a water feature, although you may be able to observe some interesting behavior if you set it up that way. I saw my female quickly dive down her water dish, only to emerge suddenly after realizing it's wasn't deep enough for her to hide in , she then darted back into her burrow.
    As far as I can tell, they will only enter the water if spooked which is pretty funny to see, but I don't think they actually hunt aquatic prey like fish.
    I keep mine in a simple setup although it would be pretty cool to have a large enclosure with a big T and some fish swimming around, very visually stunning that's for sure. My H.gigas are out at the mouth of their burrows almost every night, but they have a smaller enclosure and plenty of burrowing space. Perhaps your setup was too large and caused your gigas to hide more, but mine haven't been like my other pet holes, seem more active and out and about. But individuals vary...

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Marika

Marika Arachnoknight Active Member

Finland
  4. cold blood

cold blood ArachnoGod Active Member

New species are always grossly over priced IMO...I'm not into buying over priced anything. Eventually prices will come down, im in no hurry:)

Generally its an escape mechnism from what ive seen...i dont doubt that there is also a hunting aspect to it, as they will snatch small fish.

No, its more than i would spend on one by a lot....id rather just not have one at that price....and ive seen the species priced a lot more than that, too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kendricks

Kendricks Arachnosquire Active Member

Germany
    My current list, don't mind the German words...

OW
    Afrika
    - Ceratogyrus darlingi

Asien
    - Haplopelma vonwirthi
    - Lyrognathus giannisposatoi
    - Lampropelma sp. "Borneo Black"
    - Phlogiellus spec. Ao Tan Khu
    - Psednocnemis brachyramosa

NW
    Südamerika
    - Aphonopelma chalcodes
    - Brachypelma smithi
    - Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
    - Cyriocosmus elegans
    - Ephebopus murinus
    - Euathlus sp. "Fire"
    - Hapalopus triseriatus "Lowland"
    - Nhandu coloratovillosum

Nothing final, nothing definite, but after browsing different species, I picked these out.
    In general, I aim for a small (~20) collection with species that differ from each other if possible, or at least not just having 20 NW terrestrials.
    Now, some of you might have noticed there's no Pokie on it. That's a mistake. As I said, incomplete.

I do have so far:
    - A. geniculata
    - G. pulchra
    - P. murinus

That's leaving room for ~2 more specimen, which may very well be Pokies.
    They are too beautiful and unique to be left out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gypsy cola

gypsy cola Arachnoknight Active Member

several but, I am going to list the most unobtainable.

CITES B.Vagans

Wild caught A. iodus that I caught myself. This one isn't so hard....just got to make time to do it.

7. DrowsyLids

DrowsyLids Arachnosquire

Arizona
    G. pulchra
    M. balfouri eventually
    Also eyeing some OW Asian terrestrials but haven't made any decisions yet.

8. Arachnomaniac19

Arachnomaniac19 Arachnolord Active Member

Grammostola grossa has been on the top of my list for a while. They're just hard to find when you don't want a male or to get them via shipping (too many bad experiences).

9. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnolord Active Member

Those are equally good choices, so naturally you should get them all!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. johnny quango

johnny quango Arachnoknight Active Member

I only had 1 on my wishlist and I picked 1 of that species up 2 weeks ago that was Eucratoscelus pachypus, I've wanted 1 for 2 years they aren't rare or expensive but I didn't want a wild caught female I wanted a sling and got 1 at around 2cm. Anything else I aquire isn't on my list

11. grimmjowls

grimmjowls Arachnoknight Active Member

12. Goodlukwitthat

Goodlukwitthat Arachnoknight Active Member

Mine is currently in a large Kritter Keeper. nothing fancy.

13. spotropaicsav

spotropaicsav Arachnopeon

Makes sense

14. leaveittoweaver

leaveittoweaver Arachnosquire Active Member

G.Iheringi
    P.Aninous
    L.Klugi
    E.Sp Red

Every species in the Acanthoscurria genus. I also think I want to get a dwarf like C.Elegans and see what if I like them.

15. MGery92

MGery92 Arachnopeon Active Member

An L. difficilis and a B. albiceps for sure. Maybe another Phormictopus or a Pamphobeteus. :angelic:

16. johnharper

johnharper Arachnobaron Old Timer

P mettallica and more b smithis also a seemani

17. Leila

Leila Arachnoknight Active Member

Nothing until this cast is taken off my leg. I will have to live vicariously through all of your new Ts...

Last edited: May 23, 2017 at 10:35 AM
    • Sad Sad x 1
  18. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoknight Active Member

E. Sp. "Red"
    P. ecclesiasticus
    P. victorii (when they become cheap enough for me to not have to sell a kidney to get a few slings)
    P. metallica*
    P. rufilata*
    E. rufescens
    M. mesomelas
    T. Sp. "Panama"
    N. incei
    T. stirmi
    H. maculata*
    M. balfouri

*It'll be a while before I even consider getting these but thought I'd include them anyway

19. creepa

creepa Arachnoknight Active Member

Well i was truly trying to take it easy the next few months...:rolleyes: but then this bagpiping kilt @KezyGLA posts this gorgeous Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho chi minh on instagram so i guess i'll have to empty my pockets again...:bag:

Last edited: May 23, 2017 at 6:34 AM
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoprince Active Member

You won't regret that purchase man :p

• Like Like x 1