1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, what's on everyone's wish list for the coming months?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Grimmdreadly, May 18, 2017.

1. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnoknight Active Member

Advertisement
    I don't have any immediate plans to get more, as I already got 8 this year.

However, at some point I want:

Another G. pulchra to replace my traded MM
    G. iherengi
    D. pentaloris
    B. auratum
    B. albiceps

• Like Like x 3
  2. Dream T: L violaceopes -- but I'm still not feeling ready for that much of a thrill. lol Enjoying the easy terrestrial T life currently.
    And I'd still like a B smithi. Haven't acquired a new T in 2+ years. But it's difficult to justify adding yet another brachy, and esp since I do have a gorgeous B emilia already.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

O schioedtei

• Like Like x 3
  4. Ondottr

Ondottr Arachnopeon

I only just got my first one, but I'm in love. And thinking seriously about getting more eventually, if all goes well. I've been eyeing up
    GBB
    G. pulchra
    B. vagans
    B. smithi
    A. versicolor
    Maaaaybe one day H. maculata but I gotta grow into it.
    BF offered to let me take care of his C. lividus but I was like... NOPE.
    I seem to like the calm new world spiders! Might be hard to get my hands on most of these here in Japan though, and all the Ts I've seen have been crazy expensive. Which is fine. I should enjoy my G. rosea and not go crazy buying up all the spiders just yet. Something to look forward to though...

• Like Like x 4
  5. Goodlukwitthat

Goodlukwitthat Arachnoknight Active Member

If you get an H. gigas, even if you give it a set up with a swimming pool and go all out on the whole nine yards for it's home.... you'll never see it. At best you'll see it MAYBE for the first couple weeks.... then it'll burrow to the dark depths of the enclosure and maybe if you're remotely lucky, you'll see its legs sticking out as it waits for food. I was like you when I first learned about them, then I had an awesome set up made, swimming pool too... and after having an incredibly water heavy enclosure and a tarantula that NEVER used it after it burrowed, and a slight mold outbreak, I redid the entire enclosure and STILL get to see legs and at the absolute most, its head.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Goodlukwitthat

Yes they can swim and stay submerged for some time. I've read they can be submerged for around a half hour. I've only seen mine stay submerged for 15 minutes.

• Informative Informative x 4
  7. Walker253

Walker253 Arachnoknight Active Member

I went a little overboard jumping in on an import order with a friend, so I don't know what I'll be able to do in the next couple months. But if I found a female in one of the following, I'd jump.
    Harpactira pulchripes
    Sericopelma sp Santa Catalina
    Idiothele mira

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. D Sherlod

D Sherlod Arachnoknight Active Member

Thanks for the heads up

If I do it right, I will at least see the fish LOL

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  9. Goodlukwitthat

I'm hoping to find (in the near and not so near future due to some of my females taking absolutely forever to molt to confirm they are ready to breed)

1.0 A. avicularia
    1.0 A. seemanni
    1.0 B. hamorii
    1.0 C. lividus
    1.0 (if my last unsexed one isn't a male) P. irminia
    1.0 Hapalopus sp. Colombia large

Ofc there are future breeding projects I'll be doing when my slings become mature
    A. geniculata
    LP (yes I know there are what will look like millions of babies moving about)
    B. vagans (currently have two both are yet to be molt confirmed of gender)
    N. chromatus
    P. muticus is a definite
    and maybe.... still heavily undecided...those hairs will be the death of me for sure... T. stirmi

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nixphat

Nixphat Arachnopeon Active Member

Ohio
    G. pulchra
    C. cyaneopubescens
    C. Versicolor
    A. Metallica
    A. Purpurea

^^^are definitely my tops on the wishlist

one day... P. muticus :angelic: but I'll get something like E ceratogyrus to "warm up" :D (of course, WAY down the road. I'm not ready yet)

Oh and I've read good things about Pamphobeteus, in general... so if I ever stumbled across one, I'd probs grab it ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. GreyPsyche

GreyPsyche Arachnopeon Active Member

Im still new to the hobby but I have a huge wish list that grows everyday...

I won't get more until either, I move out or one of my slings start to hook out. Then again, I may get rid of furniture and get another T or two who knows...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnodemon Active Member

I only want one but the price of a 3-4 slings is still prohibitive :(
    P. victori

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. cold blood

cold blood ArachnoGod Active Member

The newer to the hobby one is, the longer the wish list will be.

right...man thats a dream t for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kevinlowl

kevinlowl Arachnosquire Active Member

KL
    Ephebopus cyanognathus
    Haplopelma albostriatum
    Haplopelma longipes
    Phormingochilus everetti
    Poecilotheria metallica

These are the ones I need to complete my collection.
    There are others which I want but they're so rare and expensive that I might as well not include them in the wishlist.

15. grayzone

grayzone Arachnoking

O sp Mindanao, and O sp Mae hong son are both happening for me.
    I also got confirmation sp akcaya and P. Sp sabah blue are here in the states. Wont be available for a bit longer, but i will get my hands on a group of each soon enough.
    Wishes do come true

• Like Like x 1
  16. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoking Active Member

Not really. Mines out probably a dozen times a day.

17. Wiscokid

Wiscokid Arachnopeon

getting 4 A. diversipes this weekend . . . saving to start a M. balfouri communal next, if an I. mira crosses my path at a good rate It might have to become mine too tho

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Wiscokid

Wiscokid Arachnopeon

my friend is getting T. psychedelicus 1.5 - 2 in slings for 250 , might have to drop some july birthday gift hints for the wife .....

19. JoshDM020

JoshDM020 Arachnosquire Active Member

Ive been making a list, but most of the ones i want, im far from ready for, like H. maculata, OBT (yes, cliche, but absolutely beautiful), P. cambridgei, all kinds of pokies, and i sat and stared at a C. lividum being kept on reptile carpet crap in a pet store for 30 minutes wishing i was ready for that. (Edit: add E. murinus to that list after viewing your other thread about them. Thanks for that :banghead:edit my edit: E. murinus is new world? Tack it on to the list below, then! Hell yeah!)
    The list of ones I could probably get away with without getting eaten is much smaller. L. parahybana, A. geroldi (my mother likes that one. Another sucker for the blue ones), B. hammori, and always a B. albo Nicaragua. They're so fluffy.

• Like Like x 2
  20. cold blood

cold blood ArachnoGod Active Member

no way id pay half that...lol.