So I'm getting an E rubripes and an R nuda

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I came across a sale today for two centipedes, a tiger form Ethmostigmus rubripes and a blue legged Rhysida nuda. Was wondering about care, especially for the R nuda because I've never really seen anything in depth on their care. I have kept pedes before successfully, just wanted to know if there's anything in particular people get wrong with these species (or pedes in general)

I'm well aware of the speed and aggression of the E rubripes, but I'm already well acquainted with bugs that launch at my face at a million miles an hour

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
I don't have access to Australian 'pedes so no expert on this, but most species of Rhysida prefer humid substrate and plenty of burrow room, but otherwise care is the same as most other centipedes. (I have R. longipes- totally different but still probably similar in some ways) Another thread here showed a nuda moving around in daylight. They may be more active than others, though that could be an individual thing.

Congratulations on your purchase! I hope they arrive safely.

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Apparently ill have to wait a while for an R nuda because he's out of pedes big enough to safely ship, but he still has some of the tiger rubripes for sale so I'll be getting one asap, just waiting on the postage

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
I don't have access to Australian 'pedes so no expert on this, but most species of Rhysida prefer humid substrate and plenty of burrow room, but otherwise care is the same as most other centipedes. (I have R. longipes- totally different but still probably similar in some ways) Another thread here showed a nuda moving around in daylight. They may be more active than others, though that could be an individual thing.

Congratulations on your purchase! I hope they arrive safely.
I think it might be an individual thing, my green cormocephalus sp is always hiding but my other brown cormocephalus is almost always out on the surface

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
So the rubripes has arrived. Will probably get pics tonight if it comes out because it's burrowing and I don't want to disturb it. Rehousing was easy enough, the package it came in was small enough to fit inside the new enclosure (thank god because it's very fast and super aggressive). Also much darker than the tiger rubripes I normally see online for some reason, which is perfectly fine because it looks awesome