So I won a contest

Longislandboi85

Arachnopeon
Webers Den had a contest for (5) H. Maculata slings. Guess how many slings came out of the sac. I guessed 143, total amount was 150......SO I won!!!!! yay me right?

Well, I received 7 of these awesome critters two days ago. In true noob fashion, I didnt believe the hype about how fast this things were. For all you new & partially seasoned T owners. Believe me, they are insanely fast.

At any rate, they are all happily munching on cricket quarters.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
For all you new & partially seasoned T owners. Believe me, they are insanely fast.
Strange my man, very strange indeed o_O because in general they act like a 'seasoned' Eroin luver at the stage where they need dat poop only for act 'normal'.

I also guess that those African fellas, utter well payed fruit tree workers that are scared of said spiders, are hustlers that loves to cheat just for receive U.N money.

With that said, enjoy those African tree climbers, 100% "I hate light" vampires :vamp:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Congratulations. What a prize!!! Here's what you've got to look forward to.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Enjoy but be careful when they're bigger and it's time for rehousing or enclosure maintenance.

The bite is no joke.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Webbers den is awesome. I won on an auction not too long ago and got a screaming deal on a 6" female ornata full of attitude. Awesome people there!

Congrats on your h macs. Raise em well

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would love to have one of these but I've never had good luck with them. I've mostly overlooked them until recently. I got one a while back, about 2 or 3 inches, and somehow, one or more of my cats got up where it was and knocked it's KK off onto the floor. They've never done that before or since, but the fall killed it. After that, I put glue traps all over everything so when the cats jumped up on a shelf, counter, piano, etc. they instantly jumped back down with a glue trap stuck to them. They no longer have any interest in spiders. I'm not even sure why they were atracted to that one enclosure. They've never shown any interest in any of them, and that particular T had been hidden from the very beginning, so as far as they could see, it was empty. Maybe it had a particularly attractive smell, I don't know. I know they don't climb on my spider rack anymore though. And for the record, the bald spots grew back

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It never ceases to amaze me why there are people that always doubt what is plainly available regarding this species speed. When I read that people doubt the good sound info out there, I must conclude that the reader believes those people are making things up in a conspiracy like fashion hah.

Good luck you are definitely going to need it. There are far better OWs to own than this one as an relatively inexperienced owner.

Longislandboi85

Arachnopeon
It never ceases to amaze me why there are people that always doubt what is plainly available regarding this species speed. When I read that people doubt the good sound info out there, I must conclude that the reader believes those people are making things up in a conspiracy like fashion hah.

Good luck you are definitely going to need it. There are far better OWs to own than this one as an relatively inexperienced owner.
Its not that i didnt believe they were fast. I believed they were "speed of sound" fast. But very quickly learned they were "speed of light" x 937354847524

I am a extremely fast learner. Have zero desire to handle them, already have the next cages for when it comes time to rehouse. With a catch cup. Ill do just fine.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its not that i didnt believe they were fast. I believed they were "speed of sound" fast. But very quickly learned they were "speed of light" x 937354847524

I am a extremely fast learner. Have zero desire to handle them, already have the next cages for when it comes time to rehouse. With a catch cup. Ill do just fine.

Actually you didn't believe how fast they were, your words below. Good luck!

In true noob fashion, I didnt believe the hype about how fast this things were.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Congratulations on your OW sp. I hope you're ready for this stunning but super quick tarantula, what a lovely surprise win. I'm so jealous!

Longislandboi85

Arachnopeon
Congratulations on your OW sp. I hope you're ready for this stunning but super quick tarantula, what a lovely surprise win. I'm so jealous!
Funny part is, i jokingly entered in the contest. Meaning, i didnt expect to win at all. I've since given away 2 slings to trusted known experienced T owners