So i went to sleep last night woke up my tarantula was gone cage was closed

Charles Yancey

Arachnopeon
So i went sleep theres substrate in the bottom did he go into the ground but i looked about everywhere under the hide i had idk where he could be

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Details, man. How big is the T? What is the enclosure? Where are the pics? How do you expect us to respond when you've basically given us no information?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Probably 5 gallons or under and like 3/4 inches half inch big not big
Why do you have a 3/4 inch T living in a 5 gallon aquarium? Slings don't do well in huge enclosures. I bet it's in there somewhere, wouldn't be hard for it to get lost in such a massive space, it's probably burrowed somewhere inside.
Bur i dont see how it couldve escaped thw holes on the top of the cage are just for air
Well it could slip through an air hole easily if you made them too large, after all its a small sling. I would advise removing it from that enclosure and setting it up in a deli cup, easier both for you and the T.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Unless you post pictures of the set-up and the size of the spider, we're unable to help, we can't see what you can!

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Unless you post pictures of the set-up and the size of the spider, we're unable to help, we can't see what you can!
Given the size of the enclosure and the size of the spider it's most likely in the substrate, either that or it has escaped through one of the air holes, although this is all speculation as you haven't posted the relevant details....post the pictures!

Charles Yancey

Arachnopeon
It was in the substrate i was giving it some water and i looked at the bottom and saw its legs how does it not suffocatw amd why does it go in the ground

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
It was in the substrate i was giving it some water and i looked at the bottom and saw its legs how does it not suffocatw amd why does it go in the ground
You really need to do your own research, that is one of the most unbelievable questions I've ever come across, and that's saying something..me -:banghead: -you:bag:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Rehouse it into a deli cup or even a large vial would be better. 2" or so of slightly moist substrate, small water dish if you can fit one, and like at least 5 tiny holes for ventilation. No bigger than the tarantulas carapace, or head.

cold blood

Staff member
Probably 5 gallons or under and like 3/4 inches half inch big not big
Wow, that's a gigantic enclosure for a sling. Slings, especially terrestrials, will burrow and hide more.....and they will all burrow and hide.

Knowing the species is important....but, if its terrestrial, house it like this, in a 16oz deli cup.

if its arboreal, house it like this...

Being able to monitor a sling helps you, less room helps the t, both get comfortable and locate food.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Nice one, if only certain people would use easy to follow informative books, threads, videos - anything really, it seems that they get a tarantula and expect it to teach them how to care for it.
Yeah, I probably spent about a month researching before I even ordered my first one.

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Most slings will burrow, they receive sufficient oxygen from outside from the hole they initially dug. Slings burrow because they're vulnerable. They can't contend against predators like an adult might be able to.

Last edited:

Charles Yancey

Arachnopeon
Most slings will burrow, they receive sufficient oxygen from outside from the hole they initially dug. Slings burrow because they're vulnerable. They can't contend against predictors like an adult might be able to.
Thanls you so much for helping i never knew that or saw that when i was researching thx