So I made an application...

Keith B

Arachnobaron
I just downloaded the app. it looks pretty good, nice design layout. one thing that seems like it would be nice, and perhaps I just missed it, is adding an option to clone or copy your current T record. when putting them in it would be nice if you have multiple of the same species to be able to copy one and just give a different name. ive got 5 a. versicolors and 6 b. albopilosum and im sure im not the only one that has multiples.
Change phones! :p I was an iphone user for 5 years. Like my galaxy s4 soooo much better! haha. Thanks Tish hope you had a nice holiday too! I did get to install it on my 8" tablet and check it out and everything shows up nicely on it, so you can check off galaxy tab 8.0 ;)

tisha

Arachnopeon
:laugh: thanks Tish!
Welcome :happy:

Make this for the iPhone it sounds great! I would like to see this big time.
I'd love to, unfortunately I don't have the tools and knowledge to do so. :eek:oh:

I just downloaded the app. it looks pretty good, nice design layout. one thing that seems like it would be nice, and perhaps I just missed it, is adding an option to clone or copy your current T record. when putting them in it would be nice if you have multiple of the same species to be able to copy one and just give a different name. ive got 5 a. versicolors and 6 b. albopilosum and im sure im not the only one that has multiples.
Thanks! I'll see what I can do. :idea:

Change phones! :p I was an iphone user for 5 years. Like my galaxy s4 soooo much better! haha. Thanks Tish hope you had a nice holiday too! I did get to install it on my 8" tablet and check it out and everything shows up nicely on it, so you can check off galaxy tab 8.0 ;)
I love my S4!!! :giggle:
Had a good holiday even though we just stayed home. :happy:
I'm glad you were able to test it on your other device, thanks so much!

downloading now, can't wait to check it out. if it's half as good as people have said then i'll be pleased. thank you
Thanks! I hope it works on your device and I hope you'll like it! :pray:
Anyways, note that this app needs a lot more work, it's still in "early" development since I'm also new to this hobby.
I can only add features that I need/experience as I care for my pets and features suggested here, so feel free to give your suggestions and I hope I can add them to the app.

Thanks again everyone! :laugh:

Malys

Arachnopeon
I'm so glad I found this app, it's so much better than the one I was using before! Keep up the good work. :biggrin:

fyic

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got this a few weeks back for my 7" nexus tablet........So far I'm really digging it......I think there are a few lil bugs but sure in time they will be worked out.......anywho great job

tisha

Arachnopeon
I'm so glad I found this app, it's so much better than the one I was using before! Keep up the good work. :biggrin:
Thanks! Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve the app. :biggrin:
I got this a few weeks back for my 7" nexus tablet........So far I'm really digging it......I think there are a few lil bugs but sure in time they will be worked out.......anywho great job
Thanks!
Can you post the bugs you found here (or via PM)? I'll try to fix them on the next update, thanks! :)

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
Tisha, thank you so much for this app. I downloaded to my Samsung Note smartphone and it works like a dream. I also wanted to mention that I was also able to download just as easily to my Kindle Fire HD tablet, I wasn't sure it would work on a kindle but it does, so I thought you might like to add it to the list of proven devices.

My only question/suggestion: Is there any way to import/export to and from devices, so I could enter info on my kindle and sync with the app on my phone?

Still an amazing app to work with regardless, thank you.

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It works with Kindle? Did you have to do anything to the settings to get it to download?

Off to give it a shot...

Tisha, thank you so much for this app. I downloaded to my Samsung Note smartphone and it works like a dream. I also wanted to mention that I was also able to download just as easily to my Kindle Fire HD tablet, I wasn't sure it would work on a kindle but it does, so I thought you might like to add it to the list of proven devices.

My only question/suggestion: Is there any way to import/export to and from devices, so I could enter info on my kindle and sync with the app on my phone?

Still an amazing app to work with regardless, thank you.

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
It works with Kindle? Did you have to do anything to the settings to get it to download?

Off to give it a shot...
Yes, you have to change the setting on your kindle to allow unknown apps. once you download the app from your browser window, go to downloads in your browser, a pop window will appear asking you to change the settings to allow the app, once you change the setting go back to downloads in you browser and click the app and it will load on your kindle, message me if it still doesn't work.

tisha

Arachnopeon
Thanks lucarelli! I'm glad you were able to test on multiple devices and worked. :giggle:
I will add them to the list! :biggrin:
With regards to sync, currently what can be done is to make a backup of your data then copy the files to the other device then restore.
I'm not sure yet how to do a sync with multiple devices, especially I don't want to add internet/network access to the app. :biggrin:

lucarelli78

Arachnosquire
Thanks lucarelli! I'm glad you were able to test on multiple devices and worked. :giggle:
I will add them to the list! :biggrin:
With regards to sync, currently what can be done is to make a backup of your data then copy the files to the other device then restore.
I'm not sure yet how to do a sync with multiple devices, especially I don't want to add internet/network access to the app. :biggrin:
Great suggestion, that will allow me to transfer the info to the next smartphone I buy. Unfortunately the kindle fire doesn't have an sd card slot. Since you are obviously more tech savy than I am, is there any way you can think of to transfer info via cloud upload, or some other means? Once again, thank you either way, I'm very impressed with the app.

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Tisha, I downloaded it to my Kindle Fire last night, and I've spent a couple hours today loading all of my Ts info into it. I am LOVING the app!

I have a couple things that you can either take or leave. First off, is there a way to add Euathalus sp. red or yellow? I don't think the "sp" is available in the dropdown menu, and it wouldn't let me save without selecting something.

Also, for New World Ts, would there be a way to add something about the severity of the hairs/kicking of hairs?

Again, just a fantastically useful app...thanks!

T

Last edited:

tisha

Arachnopeon
Thanks Tomoran! :happy:

"Euathalus sp"
You can add a custom genus+species via the menu options.
You can also edit an existing genus+species, from add/edit T, simply select a genus and a species from the dropdown then long click on the country to show the genus+species editor.

I don't know about the 'hair severity'? Do you mean a dropdown list same as sex/temperament or just a simple textbox like longivity where you input your own? :giggle:

Tomoran

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome! Thanks so much...just added "Euathalus sp." You rock!

As for the hair, either or would likely work fine. Whichever will be easier and won't clutter things up. I actually have a couple that are prone to flicking, and one's hairs really irritate. I would just be cool to have some way to note which ones have the potential to flick and irritate you the most. :)

Thanks again!

Tom

Thanks Tomoran! :happy:

"Euathalus sp"
You can add a custom genus+species via the menu options.
You can also edit an existing genus+species, from add/edit T, simply select a genus and a species from the dropdown then long click on the country to show the genus+species editor.

I don't know about the 'hair severity'? Do you mean a dropdown list same as sex/temperament or just a simple textbox like longivity where you input your own? :giggle:

CitizenNumber9

Arachnobaron
I've heard that there are seven different types of urticating hairs. You could make a drop-down menu with the seven types and then a second optional drop down menu with the individual's reaction to them (similar to the venom potentcy menu) or just a spot to type in the reaction. :)

tisha

Arachnopeon
Yeah, maybe a textbox similar to fedder, like an auto complete type box. ;)

tisha

Arachnopeon
Version 1.7 is now available for download!
Updates and Fixes:
» Add Duplicate T info from update T page menu
» "All Photos" will now only display images from the current Ts in the list (My Ts, Filtered, Memorial)
» Changed feeding history long click to regular click
» Add option to change time to update feed date
» Add swipe left/right in T editor page to move to previous/next T, swipe on non-clickable items of the page, enable/disable from settings
» Add maximum brightness when viewing T pic, enable/disable from settings
» Image display updates (If using disk cache, clear cached thumbnails first from settings)
» Add cancel to popup message when T info or settings has changed
» (Quick) Add U-bristles in add/edit T
» UI adjustments
» Fix molt message getting deleted
» Some other bug fixes
Please download it from http://tarantulas.p3kb.com/
Thanks!