1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...I drew my tarantulas as humans?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Hyeniik, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

Texas
    Advertisement
    I keep tarantulas for the plot

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Hyeniik

Hyeniik Arachnopeon

Oh hey!! You too? Amazing! I´m from Kladno.

3. Beedrill

Beedrill Arachnopeon

@Hyeniik @Moakmeister
    OK, I hope everyone likes these. Here's what I drew up.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Critter Bio's

Nibbles - I rescued Nibbles when he was a hatchling. He had some sort of infection in his eyes that had them so red and swollen that he couldn't open them, and a large open lesion on his back side. I took him home to keep him comfortable until he passed, because I thought he would be too far gone to recover. Luckily, he made an amazing recovery and is a spoiled rotten little beggar now. Love him!
    I made him a younger guy with loose baggy clothing to kinda imitate his shell. I also made one eye a lot lighter than the other because I'm pretty sure he's blind in his right eye, or at least it doesn't work very well. Probably a result of his infection early in life.

Maximillion and Theodora - I got Max and Theo from a friend of my dad. He was moving and couldn't take them with him, so he offered them to me for a great price and I took him up on it. Max is great to people and handling, but not so much to his potential mate. They are supposedly a proven pare, but Max is pretty brutal to her so I haven't attempted another pairing... It is for this reason that I depicted him as a savage, "king of his own castle," type guy.
    Theodora on the other hand is a little darling. She's inquisitive, adventurous, and great with handling. I tried to capture her adventurous spirit and relatively regal demeanor.

AC and DC (my wife named them) - I was out of town one weekend and there was a reptile show going on down the road. I asked my wife to go and tell me if she saw anything cool/worth getting once we had studied up on it. She interpreted that as, "go buy something cheap and easy to care for." So I came home to a terrarium with two little house geckos in it. They are super easy to care for btw. After a while I determined that both were females.
    Anyway, AC is way more active than DC, I will occasionally see her out in broad daylight. Meanwhile DC is much less active and I almost never see her at all. I tried to capture this in their picture.

Bernard - Basically found him crawling around in Walmart and decided to let him bunk with us over winter. No idea if he is even a "he" at all. But again, my wife named him Bernard, and it stuck, so yeah...
    I picture him as a cranky old guy who just wants everyone to leave him alone. He literally never moves...

Phinney - My new baby T! Not sure if it's a boy or girl (she's literally two mm long) so I tried to make the drawing as gender neutral as possible, but for now, we are referring to it as "she" (because tarantulas!). Not sure on personality yet either, so again I went with a pretty neutral design.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attached Files:

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Award Award x 1
  4. Beedrill

Beedrill Arachnopeon

Not sure why it duplicated AC,DC, and Bernard. Sorry.

5. Hyeniik

Hyeniik Arachnopeon

These are great!! I especially love Theodora and AC with DC.

6. Beedrill

Beedrill Arachnopeon

Thank you! Yeah, I think they turned out really nice.

7. Pokie11

Pokie11 Arachnopeon Active Member

Yep, I am. I live near Jihlava, so pretty far away from you :)