1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...I drew my tarantulas as humans?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Hyeniik, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Hyeniik

Hyeniik Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Hey everyone! Long time no see!
    So, I´d like to start by saying I´m a design and art student and drawing is one of my biggest passions. I especially enjoy doing character concept art. One evening I was bored, and had no idea what to draw...and I just turned to one of my shelves where my B. emilia has her enclosure and...it just struck me.
    I have 12 tarantulas at this point, but most of them are slings, or I haven´t had them long enough to get to know their "personality", so, for now, here are my 4 girls:

Oncie - she was my first tarantula, the one that started it all. She is the sweetest thing ever, and wouldn´t hurt a fly. She´s absolutely alright with handling, too. So, I tried to capture her sweet, friendly, almost "cheerful" personality.

Magdaléna - Magda changed a bit since the time I got her. When I got her, she was almost as sweet as Oncie, but once she molted, she turned into a grumpy little ball of fur. She gives me a huge impression of a pampered, slightly egoistic princess that gets anythign she wants. I tried to draw her as if she´s "looking down on you".

Lilith - Lil is a devil. There´s really not much to say. She´s my oldest tarantula (and soon-to-be-mommy. Yay!) and she´s a bitey little aggressive thing. Anything you stick in her enclosure she attacks. Once she´s out, she calms down tho. I tried to draw her as a punky, annoyed lady that´s actually quite nice when you get to know her.

Belial - Youngest of these four, she´s a total NUTCASE. she runs around her enclosure, is quite the hunter and my, oh, my, if she isn´t mean! To me, she´s a teenager that wants to rebel against the world, thinks it belongs to her and give no.

Sorry for this essay, haha, if you like this idea and would like to see more, let me know! I had a blast coming up and drawing these, and I´d love to do the rest of my pet gang!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like x 14
    • Love x 8
    • Creative x 6
    • Award x 2
    • Funny x 1
  2. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnobaron Arachnosupporter

Very neat! I love that big smirk for Belial

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

Love anything like that. Fantastic drawings.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hyeniik

Hyeniik Arachnopeon

Thank you! I´m very glad to hear that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beedrill

Beedrill Arachnosquire Active Member

That's awesome! Crazy good idea for character concepts!
    I'm a big "draw-er" as well. Might have to do my animals next time the urge strikes me!

6. SkittleBunny

SkittleBunny Arachnosquire Active Member

TX
    Incredible art style!! Looks like concept art from a Tim Burton movie lol I love the feels. Good job!!

7. ShyDragoness

ShyDragoness Arachnoknight

Whoa! Il have to do this when my human anatomy skills improve a little more !

8. Anoplogaster

Anoplogaster Arachnobaron Active Member

..... unless she’s hungry:D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Hyeniik

Hyeniik Arachnopeon

Yes please do! I find a really weird kind of joy in making my pets into characters based on how they act, I think it gives them so much more personality and is a great way for me to connect with the animal more as well!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

I like the font. I don't like eyes, reminds me of anime, and I hate the look of anime.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Swoop

Swoop Arachnosquire

Texas
    I was like 'what's that around their eyes?' Then I realized it was more eyes because they're tarantulas. Cool pics :)

12. Wolfspidurguy

Wolfspidurguy Arachnobaron Active Member

yo i wanna try this

13. CyclingSam

CyclingSam Arachnoknight

Utah
    I gave it a shot. I give you my B. hamorii, my G. pulchripes, and my A. geniculata.

C9D52498-8ED7-48A1-9BA2-1959D874F5F7.jpeg

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Award Award x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

Texas
    I wanna see tarantulas be drawn as anime characters as well

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Pokie11

Pokie11 Arachnopeon

Yay, thats neat! Nice drawings. Finally someone from Czech republic here, what city are you from?? @Hyeniik

16. Beedrill

That's exactly what I was thinking! I have been working on some drafts for all my critters. Only got one itty bitty T though!
    I'll try not to let everyone down!

17. Beedrill

Holy DANG! The detail is simply astounding! You, my friend are a credit to us all as a species. I'm speechless. My breath is taken away. It's so....beautiful... *single tear trails down heavily bearded cheek*
    XD (not being a jerk)

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. VanessaS

VanessaS Arachnodemon Active Member

The utensils killed me!!
    Hahahahaha!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

Texas
    Of course all the female tarantulas need to have overly jiggly and bouncy abdomens every time they move XD

• Funny Funny x 4
  20. Beedrill

Oh gosh...
    This is a conversation that we are having!

I'm dying! XD

• Funny Funny x 1