So...I drew my tarantulas as humans?

Hyeniik

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! Long time no see!
So, I´d like to start by saying I´m a design and art student and drawing is one of my biggest passions. I especially enjoy doing character concept art. One evening I was bored, and had no idea what to draw...and I just turned to one of my shelves where my B. emilia has her enclosure and...it just struck me.
I have 12 tarantulas at this point, but most of them are slings, or I haven´t had them long enough to get to know their "personality", so, for now, here are my 4 girls:

Oncie - she was my first tarantula, the one that started it all. She is the sweetest thing ever, and wouldn´t hurt a fly. She´s absolutely alright with handling, too. So, I tried to capture her sweet, friendly, almost "cheerful" personality.

Magdaléna - Magda changed a bit since the time I got her. When I got her, she was almost as sweet as Oncie, but once she molted, she turned into a grumpy little ball of fur. She gives me a huge impression of a pampered, slightly egoistic princess that gets anythign she wants. I tried to draw her as if she´s "looking down on you".

Lilith - Lil is a devil. There´s really not much to say. She´s my oldest tarantula (and soon-to-be-mommy. Yay!) and she´s a bitey little aggressive thing. Anything you stick in her enclosure she attacks. Once she´s out, she calms down tho. I tried to draw her as a punky, annoyed lady that´s actually quite nice when you get to know her.

Belial - Youngest of these four, she´s a total NUTCASE. she runs around her enclosure, is quite the hunter and my, oh, my, if she isn´t mean! To me, she´s a teenager that wants to rebel against the world, thinks it belongs to her and give no.

Sorry for this essay, haha, if you like this idea and would like to see more, let me know! I had a blast coming up and drawing these, and I´d love to do the rest of my pet gang!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Beedrill

Arachnoknight
That's awesome! Crazy good idea for character concepts!
I'm a big "draw-er" as well. Might have to do my animals next time the urge strikes me!

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
Incredible art style!! Looks like concept art from a Tim Burton movie lol I love the feels. Good job!!

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
Whoa! Il have to do this when my human anatomy skills improve a little more !

Hyeniik

Arachnopeon
That's awesome! Crazy good idea for character concepts!
I'm a big "draw-er" as well. Might have to do my animals next time the urge strikes me!
Yes please do! I find a really weird kind of joy in making my pets into characters based on how they act, I think it gives them so much more personality and is a great way for me to connect with the animal more as well!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I like the font. I don't like eyes, reminds me of anime, and I hate the look of anime.

Swoop

Arachnosquire
I was like 'what's that around their eyes?' Then I realized it was more eyes because they're tarantulas. Cool pics :)

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
Hey everyone! Long time no see!
So, I´d like to start by saying I´m a design and art student and drawing is one of my biggest passions. I especially enjoy doing character concept art. One evening I was bored, and had no idea what to draw...and I just turned to one of my shelves where my B. emilia has her enclosure and...it just struck me.
I have 12 tarantulas at this point, but most of them are slings, or I haven´t had them long enough to get to know their "personality", so, for now, here are my 4 girls:

Oncie - she was my first tarantula, the one that started it all. She is the sweetest thing ever, and wouldn´t hurt a fly. She´s absolutely alright with handling, too. So, I tried to capture her sweet, friendly, almost "cheerful" personality.

Magdaléna - Magda changed a bit since the time I got her. When I got her, she was almost as sweet as Oncie, but once she molted, she turned into a grumpy little ball of fur. She gives me a huge impression of a pampered, slightly egoistic princess that gets anythign she wants. I tried to draw her as if she´s "looking down on you".

Lilith - Lil is a devil. There´s really not much to say. She´s my oldest tarantula (and soon-to-be-mommy. Yay!) and she´s a bitey little aggressive thing. Anything you stick in her enclosure she attacks. Once she´s out, she calms down tho. I tried to draw her as a punky, annoyed lady that´s actually quite nice when you get to know her.

Belial - Youngest of these four, she´s a total NUTCASE. she runs around her enclosure, is quite the hunter and my, oh, my, if she isn´t mean! To me, she´s a teenager that wants to rebel against the world, thinks it belongs to her and give no.

Sorry for this essay, haha, if you like this idea and would like to see more, let me know! I had a blast coming up and drawing these, and I´d love to do the rest of my pet gang!
yo i wanna try this

Pokie11

Arachnosquire
Yay, thats neat! Nice drawings. Finally someone from Czech republic here, what city are you from?? @Hyeniik

Beedrill

Arachnoknight
I wanna see tarantulas be drawn as anime characters as well
That's exactly what I was thinking! I have been working on some drafts for all my critters. Only got one itty bitty T though!
I'll try not to let everyone down!

Beedrill

Arachnoknight
I gave it a shot. I give you my B. hamorii, my G. pulchripes, and my A. geniculata.

View attachment 266253
Holy DANG! The detail is simply astounding! You, my friend are a credit to us all as a species. I'm speechless. My breath is taken away. It's so....beautiful... *single tear trails down heavily bearded cheek*
XD (not being a jerk)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
That's exactly what I was thinking! I have been working on some drafts for all my critters. Only got one itty bitty T though!
I'll try not to let everyone down!
Of course all the female tarantulas need to have overly jiggly and bouncy abdomens every time they move XD