1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So angry with Petco

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by miamc12321, Oct 5, 2018.

1. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Yeah, I replace them with cork bark tiles, looks better and takes up half the space of the foam ones.

• Like Like x 1
  2. miamc12321

miamc12321 Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Virginia
    Oh, we did. And got the evil thing out. But... Michael's... Has anyone bought Michael's plants? For anything?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Versijewels

Versijewels Arachnopeon Active Member

Texas
    Never give pet co or petsmart your money.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. miamc12321

Virginia
    Well, I know that now. New nano tall is from Amazon. Might be better or worse, but no brake or crack.

5. AnObeseHippo

AnObeseHippo Arachnoknight Active Member

I'd say it probably varies between their fake plants. I'm sure most are okay. I tend to stick to silk plants meant for aquariums though. If you are gonna try a Michaels plant, rinse it first. This should make there is nothing on there that could harm the T.

6. MrsHaas

MrsHaas Arachnodemon

Just jumping in here for a few seconds to say I hate Petco. That is all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rouxd

Rouxd Arachnopeon

Texas
    I buy my exo terra things from pangea reptiles, packaged very well, fast ship, and have the best prices and they offer free shipping and coupons often. (I know you got one already but thought id mention it)

And a word of warning on fake plants from places that dont make pet safe stuff.... i bought some plants from hobby lobby to put in with my axolotls and the plant disintegrated in the water and killed all of them over night. I realize a tarantula cage doesnt have water in it to cause that kind of break down but just realize that bad stuff is still in there regardless. Just keep your plant choices in mind... not only i lost my year old babies i raised from 2" but that was quite an investment killed by 5$ plants. Not worth the risk imo.

8. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnosquire Active Member

you can repair it with a glue or epoxy, virtually anything that can dry and bond, but if it's for a display specimen I guess it has to be perfect.

9. Torech Ungol

Torech Ungol Arachnosquire Active Member

I seem to recall @Ungoliant successfully using... something spider-related from Michael's.

10. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I've used them.

I clean them with mild soap and water before using them, in case they have any lubricants or other residue from the manufacturing process.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

he has great video quality and a energetic personality, but hes far from someone id recommend for any good information. or advice. watch him for entertainment, not serious research.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. miamc12321

Virginia
    When their own employees tell you to go somewhere else, you know that it's bad! I get my crickets (when I get the noisy buggers) from our Pet Depot now. A locally owned pet shop. I like them. They care about the animals and the pet parents.

Still can't insert quotes to edited posts. If you want to combine these double posts and yell at me, I get it.

All I wanted to do was thank Ungoliant for posting about Michael's. I was uber paranoid about dyes and glues, but we have coupons and Leels needs much clutter. Now, I think she'll have more than she needs. I'm so excited. Damn screen just got replaced. Pics soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018 at 7:35 AM
  13. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon Active Member

Select the desired post selecting +Quote. Then appears a extra button to insert quotes. Click on it, and choose the posts. Maybe there is a time limit?

14. miamc12321

Virginia
    Ah, there might be a time limit. You might be right. This has happened to me several times, but each time has been quite an amout of time after the original post.

15. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

Yes, there is a relatively small window during which you can edit your posts.
    • Standard Account: can edit within 12 hours
    • Active Account: can edit within 24 hours
    • Arachnosupporter: can edit within 36 hours
    • Arachnosupporter Plus: can edit within 48 hours

16. vespers

vespers Arachnodemon

Plexiglass is just a brand name of Acrylic.