1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So angry with Petco

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by miamc12321, Oct 5, 2018.

1. nicodimus22

nicodimus22 Arachnomancer Arachnosupporter

Advertisement
    Wait...you had a G. pulchra in an Exo Terra Nano Tall? Or am I misunderstanding?

He's a very popular youtube tarantula/exotic pet guy. He's not as educational as Tom Moran, but he's usually pretty fun to watch. His first name is Petko.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:30 AM
  2. miamc12321

miamc12321 Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Virginia
    That is a lot of eating. But would make an excellent enclosure. I would have to play the Rocky song and Eye of the Tiger for my dear, dear husband. Love he loves our babies so much... :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. mmcg

mmcg Arachnosquire Active Member

London
    His first name is Marko. Petko is his nickname. :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. miamc12321

Virginia
    Oh, I get it! Petco... Petko! I love Tom... He is my guru. Perhaps watch this guy, too?

5. lostbrane

lostbrane Arachnoknight Arachnosupporter

CL or Facebook Marketplace occasionally have good pickups. I got an Exo Terra Mini Tall for 40 bucks...which is not great but not terrible either.
    If not that, then occasionally some booths at expos will have terrariums at a discount. I wound up ordering an Exo Terra Nano Tall from Petco as well but I went to an expo the next week and there was one for $25 :banghead:
    Live and learn.

6. mmcg

London
    The Dark Den has the best quality videos, in my humble opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. miamc12321

Virginia
    That. That is aggravating. You found a better deal. Petco (not poor Petko) is the doggone devil. I will never order from them again.

Will have to watch him. Seriously only watch Tom, but if this guy is good too, can't have too many gurus...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2018 at 9:29 AM
  8. mmcg

London

These two are definitely worth a watch.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  9. miamc12321

Virginia
    Thank you!! Will watch now.

10. JoP

JoP Arachnosquire Active Member

@Liquifin, I'd love to hear what kind of things you found in those dumpsters. The mental image of you "sticking it to the man" by finding treasure in the big-box LPS trash is great. Especially if the employees ever saw you out there and wondered what you were up to! :hilarious:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

They are good for a variety of reasons. However in Europe, they do just fine in glass cubes which have ventilation that Exo's are modeled after. The cubes are so cheap too.

I use them, no issues- PROVIDED you replace the mesh or put acrylic under the mesh as someone did here.

The reason I like use them is they give me access from the front and top. Important when dealing with Ts IMO, esp fast ones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. miamc12321

Virginia
    My many gods, this gives us hope. We plan to replace that damn screen with the plexi my hubby already bought unless acrylic is better.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dorifto

Dorifto Arachnopeon Active Member

Nope, I had an exo terra tall, it was a gift, and the mesh was a little bit dangerous for her. Now they are in their new glass vivariums.
    IMG_20181001_151519__01.jpg

14. Ultum4Spiderz

Ultum4Spiderz Arachnoking Active Member

Wow sucks Petco such a ripoff I had a cage I broke the bottom of once I gorilla glued it’ and flipped it for aboreal tanks glued wood on inside .
    Damaged during a cleaning .

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  15. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Active Member

I would have just gone with a 2.5g or 5.5g tank on its end with a custom plexi lid. So much cheaper than an Exo Terra!

I also reallllly want to hear about pet store dumpster diving!

16. PidderPeets

PidderPeets Arachnodemon Arachnosupporter

It's pretty depressing from what I've seen on YouTube. There's more than a few videos of people finding live animals in the dumpsters

• Sad Sad x 2
  17. miamc12321

Virginia
    Got my nano tall today. I inspected it an no breaks or cracks. One question, though. Is that foam background easy to remove?

18. Dorifto

Yes

19. miamc12321

Virginia
    Okay... thank you. Another tiny thing. My hubbie got Michael's coupons and wanted me to go look at the plants. I did, but I wasn't sure about them. Has anyone used Michael's plants for avic clutter?

20. Dorifto

Simply pull down the background, and then twist it a little bit.