Snake has weird flaking on head???

valkyrie12310

Arachnopeon
So a couple days ago, my Mexican black kingsnake had this tiny bit of scale sticking up on her head.

I figured she maybe pulled one up by scratching against the cage and would be fixed by next shed.

However it’s gotten worse.
Is this something to be worried about?
She’s plenty active, doesn’t seem to be in pain and still eats and hydrates normally.

Attachments

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
Idk, it was a suggestion. I wish I could help but my snake experience is limited. I hope someone with more knowledge can help you here.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It looks like you said, that she pulled it up. She could be repeating the manuever, causing it to continue to lift. What is in her enclosure?

valkyrie12310

Arachnopeon
It looks like you said, that she pulled it up. She could be repeating the manuever, causing it to continue to lift. What is in her enclosure?
It’s a pretty standard box with a humidity hide and a water bowl. She burrows a lot. I can’t think of anything in the cage that would do that much damage to her scales.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
What material is it? Is it possible there is a sharp corner or edge?

basin79

ArachnoGod
She's lost a couple of scales on her neck too. There's no sticky tape in the enclosure is there? Holding a stat probe etcetera?

Noone

Arachnopeon
Had a corn snake do that. She shed a couple weeks later and was fine. Never figured out why that happened though.