Snail Eggs VS Slug Eggs?

Debra

Arachnopeon
Wow, is that the snail with the eggs in the picture?
Yes. I wasn’t sure. Husband and google confirmed. He was like “so you don’t want it to get cold and lose its babies right? Okay let’s figure out what to do with it”. I can’t help it.

Debra

Arachnopeon
We have a terrible time with ants too. I think there's colonies living in our walls, lol.

We are in an area in Texas that fire ants don’t make mounds for some unholy reason. Sitting outside to do some breathing so I can be a calmer mother after nap time (which doesn’t exist anymore) should not end in fire ants up my shorts. It wasn’t a good day for anyone.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Yes. I wasn’t sure. Husband and google confirmed. He was like “so you don’t want it to get cold and lose its babies right? Okay let’s figure out what to do with it”. I can’t help it.
They're a nice invert to own since they usually seem to be pretty easy to take care for. You guys have everything figured out for care?

Debra

Arachnopeon
They're a nice invert to own since they usually seem to be pretty easy to take care for. You guys have everything figured out for care?
Fresh greens, moist soil, and I repurposed our dragon’s first uvb light and rigged it up when it was in a salad container in the kitchen. With the five gallon tank, the light is my only concern. I didn’t expect it to be a long term thing. I also managed to keep some basil alive by that light. I’m basically magic.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Fresh greens, moist soil, and I repurposed our dragon’s first uvb light and rigged it up when it was in a salad container in the kitchen. With the five gallon tank, the light is my only concern. I didn’t expect it to be a long term thing. I also managed to keep some basil alive by that light. I’m basically magic.
Sounds like you have a pretty cool setup there :D.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Awe. Thanks. I’m never really sure if im doing it right! Thank you. ☺
I'm not an expert or anything but from what I know of snails, it sounds to me like it should work :). It's pretty cool you have a 5 gallon tank for them.

Debra

Arachnopeon
I'm not an expert or anything but from what I know of snails, it sounds to me like it should work :). It's pretty cool you have a 5 gallon tank for them.
Fresh broccoli leaves (because they were sold as “vegetable” for .37 and I’m a curious sort) and we didn’t have a screen so since they aren’t really moving and the eggs haven’t hatched I’m thinking we have time before we need to switch from the cookie cooling sheet . I couldn’t sleep without some kind of block.

Attachments

Debra

Arachnopeon
Nothing strikes me the wrong way with that setup. It looks good to me :).

That looks like some happy basil :D.
This is literally the only herb I have not killed . I got a cilantro at the same time and it died. Got another: dead. My theory is that cilantro knows I don’t like it so it refuses to reward me to the point of its demise.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
This is literally the only herb I have not killed . I got a cilantro at the same time and it died. Got another: dead. My theory is that cilantro knows I don’t like it so it refuses to reward me to the point of its demise.
I haven't done a ton with herbs but one I haven't killed yet is sage. That sage is a hardy plant, lol.

Debra

Arachnopeon
I haven't done a ton with herbs but one I haven't killed yet is sage. That sage is a hardy plant, lol.
Omg I turned around to see this. I almost peed myself. Little embarrassing but seriously like wasn’t prepared for this. Definitely have to get a screen before the babies are born. So glad I was willing to sacrifice the cooling rack. I wasn’t prepared.

Attachments

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Omg I turned around to see this. I almost peed myself. Little embarrassing but seriously like wasn’t prepared for this. Definitely have to get a screen before the babies are born. So glad I was willing to sacrifice the cooling rack. I wasn’t prepared.
Is that the mom or did it come in from somewhere else?

Debra

Arachnopeon
Is that the mom or did it come in from somewhere else?
No that’s the mom. She just hadn’t moved honestly in a couple of days. I was actually wondering if she hadn’t made it. The egg cluster had detached and quite frankly I thought we had more time before we had to get a screen for the top. We have added a layer of protection even though now I know that they can’t get out of their shells.