Smithi's got new threads!!

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I knew this way coming for a while. Flighti hadn't eaten on two weeks.

Here he was Monday;

And about 9:30 this am;

He was already upright when I found him. The exuvium was still semi-flexible, and he's still very pale. I'll give him a few days to stretch out before I try to measure him.

Skullptor

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very handsome fella! I don't know, maybe it is because Smithi was one of my first species, but there is something special to me about a Smithi molt!

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very handsome fella! I don't know, maybe it is because Smithi was one of my first species, but there is something special to me about a Smithi molt!
Amen to that!! :clap: My very first T was a smithi, so I certainly understand that "something special" of which you speak.

Corranthe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on the molt! I have one of these little guys in pre-molt right now. Looks like I'm going to have to get comfortable for a long wait though.

Maybe I'll try being a high-pressure mommy. I'll go home tonight, walk by his cage and say to him, "I heard sombody else's smithi just molted... how come you haven't done that yet." :}

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Go for it! LOL.

Seriously, Flighti stopped eating about 2 weeks out, and darkened up about 4 days out. Might not be as long as you think.

If he stays on this schedule, still being a young kid, I expect the next molt will occur around end of September, +/-. He went 5 1/2 months this time.