Smithi Demolition

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My 3 inch smithi has dislodged the humidity gage from the side of the glass and taken it back to her burrow. She has now blocked the entrance of her burrow. She is on the outside. :}
Is this a common thing for Ts to do? Are they all little thieves?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds like your smithi has some pack rat blood lol {D

I use a bottle cap to water my smithi and it rolls it all over the cage. I don't know why they do this sorta thing but I can relate to you on this ;)

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haha, did you acually see it pull the gage off? Mabey it fell off?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hahahahahaha omg ... funny one {D {D {D , what a little demon, she looks gorgeous

Last edited:

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ShaunHolder said:
Haha, did you acually see it pull the gage off? Mabey it fell off?
We were uploading pics to the comp in the same room. I was watching her clean herself. Then all of a sudden she walked over to the gage. She tapped on it a sec. I told Troy to look at her. She all off a sudden put 4 legs on the top edge. She started pulling on it. It popped off after a few attempts. :clap: She rolled it to the entrance of her burrow and dropped it in. Then she walked back to the place she pulled it off and sat there. {D
I had to fish it back out. I stuck it back on the side. She hasnt messed with it since. :}

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ROFLMAO!!!! She wants to be SURE the humidity in her burrow is JUST RIGHT!!! :clap:

BlkCat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is her pic. She is a trip. This is why I call her Tippy. She eats on her tippy toes. (hope the pic works. I have never posted a pic before)

Attachments

Bort

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a plastic plant in my smithi's tank, and she'll decide to tear it down every now and then. Also eats high on her toes. I have a similar gauge in my tank, and now I'm worried she might tear that apart.

-Bort

ShaunHolder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Smithi Sling does the same, as does my G.Rosea. They all like to do the "happy web dance" after catching a meal. Who coined that prhase anyway?

Sandra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
BlkCat said:
My 3 inch smithi has dislodged the humidity gage from the side of the glass and taken it back to her burrow. She has now blocked the entrance of her burrow. She is on the outside. :}
Is this a common thing for Ts to do? Are they all little thieves?
That is toooooooo funny! {D

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
she was just decorating her place the way she wanted it. and she wanted to check the temp WITHOUT having to leave her "bedroom". can't nobody understand that?? {D lol
but they all (well some of them) do stunts like that.
i have a g.rosea that likes his hot wheels car. every time we took it out he had a fit. now he webbed it down, so we would leave it alone.
but then i have fish that dug up the fake plants and moved them to a different spot in the tank.

dianne

Sandra

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a g.rosea that likes his hot wheels car. every time we took it out he had a fit. now he webbed it down, so we would leave it alone.

LOL, I'd love to see a picture of that! :)

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sandra said:
...looks like a scene from a bad movie! :)
Yea, like one of those 50's B movies. . .only better special effects. :D {D

mouse

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well i do admit i should NOT have let mr. rose watch 8legged freaks, but how could i have known he would re-enact it??

dianne

ps. he did calm down ...now that we leave the car alone.