smell of cooking

mozkaynak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,
I live in a medium size apartment. Since I (along with my wife) enjoy cooking at home, there is occasional intense smell of cooking in the kitchen that affects the other two rooms including my T. room.
During the winter, ventilation of T room is challenging because it freezes outside.
Does anybody know how the smell of cooking affects T? I hope that smell of cook does not hurt Ts.

Thank you in advance...

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have yet to have any of my T's affected by cooking.. I had all my critters in the laundry room which is directly by the kitchen and I have it completely sealed up from the windows and doors too keep the temp. regulated.. Never have had a problem..

spiderfield

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It makes them hungry.

{D No, i'm kidding. I don't think it has any effect on them. I'm cooking almost everynite in my unit and the aromas always waft up into their room with no ill effect.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't think it has any effect on them.

Can Ts even smell? LOL

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nope ... I would say the smell of cooking does not affect tarantulas .... the majority of my collection live in my kitchen lol ... it's a spacious kitchen and i literally live in my kitchen .... it's where my laptop is, my food, tv, psp ... I have never been a "sit in the living room type" because it makes me drowsy if I settle in "comfy" chairs..... when I cook whether it be microwave, oven, grill I have never seen any affects in change of behaviour or such in my tarantulas

¥AMEON

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
May have to be some perdy horrid cooking for them to
start to protest ^^

That or Strongly Spiced Aromas travelling through the
air .. the kind that make yor eyes water ... not sure
how they would react to that.

Cant think of any other form's of Cooking they would
react to ... maybe too much Grease in the air .. hmm.
But hepp .. just a Theory.

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
May have to be some perdy horrid cooking for them to
start to protest ^^

That or Strongly Spiced Aromas travelling through the
air .. the kind that make yor eyes water ... not sure
how they would react to that.

Cant think of any other form's of Cooking they would
react to ... maybe too much Grease in the air .. hmm.
But hepp .. just a Theory.
I must say I always have my extractor fan on and the back door open slightly when cooking.... but I dont cook strong curry's or fatty foods or the like ...

DanHalen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have several mature males that I permanently keep in the kitchen, and they all do just fine. They don't have any problems with me cooking spicy foods either (I'm partial to the odd vindaloo).

¥AMEON

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That's good then ^^

Was the only 2 thing's that came to mind
that "potentially" may of had an effect.

Interesting question it is =)