Smart comebacks to people who hate on your inverts.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Just thought I'd create a fun thread here. What are some of the smartest comebacks you've thought of/used on people who hate on your inverts? My most recent example went as follows:
"I just went around the school and killed all the bugs I saw."
RE: "That was foolish; you could've killed twice as many bugs by falling over" (He's fat).

So do you guys have any funny or savage comebacks to share? I'm sure we'd all love to hear them.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Uhm, I dunno-- "Invertebrates aren't known for their intelligence either."

Once you get to be an old person "sick burns" don't really mean as much as they did in your formative years.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I used to ask how much their hobby earned them every month. Now I just don't waste my time - I simply don't tell people about the hobby.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I'm not bothered in the least if someone doesn't like tarantulas. There are things that I don't like, too. There are a lot worse things a person can be than a tarantula hater lol.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, but for having 'people hate on your inverts' first we need to know or mantain good relations with "people".

So I say... uhm, but from old good Theodore John "Ted" Kaczynski, aka Unabomber, really we learned nothing? o_O

:troll:

boina

Lady of the mites
I kind of thought this was about fun comebacks? I was looking for some witty one liners, but you guys getting all serious about it really takes the fun out of this.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I kind of thought this was about fun comebacks? I was looking for some witty one liners, but you guys getting all serious about it really takes the fun out of this.
People aren't joking when they tell me they hate spiders and kill them as often as possible, though. They're serious. Why would my reaction to that be humor?

If I told someone that I hate cats and kill them as often as possible, and that person has cats, are they going to respond with jokes?

Last edited:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Savage? How barbaric. Hate that word. Sounds so stupid and unintelligent.

Anywho, I usually go with "get f***ed."

Jerry

Arachnobaron
In the end the inverts have the last laugh as they devour what's left of you that gets a fair response most times

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
I like to tell people at work "the big one" has a harness and I'm training it to walk beside me. The looks of confusion are priceless.

efmp1987

Arachnoknight
"You're pet spider is fat and ugly"

"Yeh? My ultramarinus is worth more than what a customer of yours has ever paid for your body"

Im sorry.

boina

Lady of the mites
People aren't joking when they tell me they hate spiders and kill them as often as possible, though. They're serious. Why would my reaction to that be humor?

If I told someone that I hate cats and kill them as often as possible, and that person has cats, are they going to respond with jokes?
Humor or black humor - the thing is it usually works better than being offended, and that goes for a lot of situations. Mind you, I'll admit that sometimes nothing works at all.