Small White Balls in T's Water Dish

Lord Mort

Arachnopeon
Has anyone ever seen anything like this in their T's water dish?

I don't think it's poop as I've seen that before and it stayed clumped together.

Could this be sperm packets?

This enclosure houses a Mature Male GBB. Substrate is 100% Coco Fiber. Water was changed about 18 hours before I noticed this.

One image shows these things in an almost straight line. The other photo was taken after I moved the water dish to get a close up. disturbed.jpeg untouched.jpeg

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
That's very interesting. I can't say much as I have yet to deal with a MM, but I'm doubtful those are "sperm packets" since the males usually unload their sperm in a sperm web to be gathered into the pedipalps. That seems odd that he'd just unload in the water dish.

Unless your male just thought his reflection was really sexy. :troll:

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Almost looks like moth eggs or something similar truly bizarre!!!
Unless insects got in there I’m like very unsure on what these are!:eek:

Last edited:

boina

Lady of the mites
I still think it's poop. Maybe the spider pooped while walking through the water dish in a straight line.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
it is likely poop but I personally dont observe the pooping behaviors of a tarantula usually I just get wall splat. But if it wasn't there 18 hours ago then Ts must poop a lot more than I thought, I really just never seen this.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I still think it's poop. Maybe the spider pooped while walking through the water dish in a straight line.
I really do want to say this, but the shape is just not right. Spider poop looks oblong, almost like a gecko egg. It could certainly be spider feces, but I'm not committed to it.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
I’ve found similar round white balls in one of my Ts’ water dishes (not a MM). I posted about it on here and the consensus was ‘poop.’

Lord Mort

Arachnopeon
I poured the "sample" in to a cup. The next day, the little white balls were gone. I presume they dissolved which makes sense if it was "spoop"