Small Successes, so a new species...

pbenner

Arachnosquire
First and Foremost, thank you very much for being here. This forum as a place to read and lurk is awesome.

I've had successful molts of both my Grammastola Pulchripes as well as my Aphonopelma hentzi and they're both eating appropriate sized Dubia roaches for me on a regular basis. Made me feel good to "have it right" so to speak.

At the last reptile show that I attended, there were a pile of Brachypelma albopilosum slings for sale for $3 each, so we picked up (4) of them. We've left them in their 1oz cups as they're less than 5mm across. Vendor is known and said they were eating Dubia Nymphs with crushed heads readily, so I took the risk. Wish a newbie luck.

Also, it's not Tarantula related, but I found a Split Bark Scorpion inside my office at work and have it currently living in a large mason jar with a habitat. I believe that it's eating the Dubias I throw in there, but not positive. It's at least an Arachnid.

I've also got my Female Black Widow thriving on a steady diet of Dubias, and then I saved a garden spider from death and moved her to my back porch, where she's being fed Dubias, as an "outdoor" pet.

I love arachnids.