S'ling mortality rates redux.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swoop

Arachnosquire
Hanlon's razor says we shouldn't attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Hear that @SingaporeB good buddy? I don't think you're a troll :)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
They're actually saying that not being racist is racist now. Because if you're not racist, then you're ignoring racism. Which is racist.

wat
Holy crap he gave this a Clarification rating. He's capable of more than just the disagree rating guys. We're breaking new ground here.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Um, for the sake of the thread, let's try to keep insults to a minimum. When the target demonstrably makes faulty accusations, have at it in pointing out the flaws, otherwise...a locked thread would be a victory in the event of trolling. It effectively gives a troller the last word, in a sense.
On the other hand, his claims need more backing up, which I've yet to see. My take on it is a "I kind of suck at this, it must be everybody else's fault!" mentality. Sour grapes, in other words.
He is brutally losing the debate, no need to make it personal.

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
Really? Does Moak’s post make sense to you then? Haha...
:happy:
Yes- it actually does for various reasons. But I come on here to hang out and get a break not to talk politics, if that makes sense. I'd be glad to discuss in PM if explanation is really wanted.

Also I went to college a looong time ago so it was pretty different than how it seems to be now. I studied fine arts. I don't really use the degree now. Not a big surprise. My parents were right! But dude- if I go to one of those ceramic painting places I can make some cool stuff and I can talk a lot about postmodern art.
:cigar:

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
:happy:
Yes- it actually does for various reasons. But I come on here to hang out and get a break not to talk politics, if that makes sense. I'd be glad to discuss in PM if explanation is really wanted.

Also I went to college a looong time ago so it was pretty different than how it seems to be now. I studied fine arts. I don't really use the degree now. Not a big surprise. My parents were right! But dude- if I go to one of those ceramic painting places I can make some cool stuff and I can talk a lot about postmodern art.
:cigar:
I would rather slit my wrists than discuss politics.

And for the record, I’m big into arts even though I was a science major. :)

Garth Vader

Arachnobaron
I would rather slit my wrists than discuss politics.

And for the record, I’m big into arts even though I was a science major. :)
Yeah um please don't harm yourself. And yes I like science even though I'm an artsy therapist.
We can just discuss Ts. By the way- how long was your GBB in pre molt? I have 2 newish slings and they look like they are gonna pop but its been a week now.

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
You are all pawns of big slings. You come here claiming your slings don't die, perpetuating the myth that it's possible to raise slings to adult hood. Admit it, the millionaire tarantula breeding mafia has you on the payroll. I bet 95% of you are just robo accounts programmed to spill fourth this foul lie.
I'm off for my sailing trip to where the ocean ends and space begins. Upon returning I will continue to expose the filthy lies of "The T mafia".

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Love this thread. Good record. Might be a bit biased as its folks interested enough to stay on a message board for the hobby and keep them long term. But still shows these are hardy little things. Kept in varying conditions in varying indoor climates, varying containers, humidity, substrates and feeders, and still generally survive.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
You are all pawns of big slings. You come here claiming your slings don't die, perpetuating the myth that it's possible to raise slings to adult hood.
You claim our slings are dead, when in actuality they're UNDEAD. It explains everything. The frequent clumsiness, their "supposed" hardiness (we can't kill them because they're already dead), the mindless bloodlust for anything they can find. It also explains why we all think our slings are alive and well.

The arachnapocalypse begins.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
But still shows these are hardy little things.
WRONG! They are fragile little things poised at death's door from the moment they emerge from the sac! I decided to give mine what was probably their last meal, so close they to going to that big moulting mat in the sky. They've been declining since they were a size capable of sitting on my thumbnail, and obviously I don't have much time to enjoy them! I cannot figure out where I went wrong!
Do y'all think that placing them in an ICU could save them?

From left to right. My failing A. geniculata. Only able to stand on its eight legs to enjoy a last meal.
Next, is my absolutely pitifull L. parahybana. At nearly six-inches in leg-span, it obviously has seen its better days.
Then there is the classic tarantula, B. hamorii. How a spider that never makes it more than a fleeting moment into s'lingdom ever became a classic is beyond me.
I mustn't forget the tiny G. pulchripes, the poor thing is soon to put its golden knees thru the golden pearly gates.
And perhaps the most tragic of all, the E. campestratus, who is showing all the signs of failing to make it anywhere near adulthood with it's boxing-gloved pedipalps, hooks, and small abdomen. Alas, if only I could have had a chance at raising it to maturity!

I have to go, I have 5 graves to dig. As you can see, all are in their final death-curl. Damn those fraudulent tarantula sellers for offering me a more economical answer to have attractive big spiders!

m_IMG_6748sharp-horz.jpg

What? I said to refrain from insults, not sarcasm. :D

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
Yeah um please don't harm yourself. And yes I like science even though I'm an artsy therapist.
We can just discuss Ts. By the way- how long was your GBB in pre molt? I have 2 newish slings and they look like they are gonna pop but its been a week now.
My first GBB molt was a bit odd. It refused a few meals so I thought it was in pre-molt. I didn’t feed it for like ten days after the refusals, as I was just waiting for it to molt at any time. When it didn’t molt, I thought what the heck so I dropped a cricket in and it took it immediately.

At that point I was like... OK. Then a few days later (not sure exactly how many but before I tried to feed it again) it molted.

So I guess to answer your question... only a few days if you consider pre-molt the time between last meal and molting.

Tia B

Arachnopigeon
You claim our slings are dead, when in actuality they're UNDEAD. It explains everything. The frequent clumsiness, their "supposed" hardiness (we can't kill them because they're already dead), the mindless bloodlust for anything they can find. It also explains why we all think our slings are alive and well.

The arachnapocalypse begins.
I would pay to read this as an actual book

Status
Not open for further replies.