1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sling molting?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Breeum, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Breeum

Breeum Arachnopeon

denver
    Advertisement
    Do slings roll over on their backs when they molt like larger T's do. Or is my little fella dead?

2. RyTheTGuy

RyTheTGuy Arachnoknight

WA
    Yes they do, your sling is not dead....Well I'm not sure lol. Post a picture for confirmation.

3. Breeum

Breeum Arachnopeon

denver
    I can't get a very good picture he's 1/3" and on peatmoss thats like identical to his color. his front three pairs of legs are kind of cocked out a little ways and the tips of his legs are beneath him then his back pair are kind of folded out and look like they may be pushed up on his abdomen?

4. Hobo

Hobo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Staff Member

Slings, just like adults, frequently flip over to molt.

5. Breeum

Breeum Arachnopeon

denver
    Yeah i know they flip over thats what i'm worried about. that he's not flipped over he's just got his legs curled under him

6. RyTheTGuy

RyTheTGuy Arachnoknight

WA
    Oh....this sounds like a death curl......is it moving at all? How long has it been like this?

7. Breeum

Breeum Arachnopeon

denver
    I just noticed it about an hour and a half ago. and yeah i thought it was weird that he wasn't on his back and that his legs were curled up on his abdomen. i did notice however that his brother from the same egg sac just molted last night

8. RyTheTGuy

RyTheTGuy Arachnoknight

WA
    Doesn't sound to good to me. It may be dead. I bought two sac-mate OBT a while back, and one of them just curled up and died like 2-3 weeks after I bought it. The other one is alive and still kicking. Sometimes these things happen. Maybe put it in a ICU, keep us updated.

9. Breeum

Breeum Arachnopeon

denver
    yeah he hasn't moved in a while, i think i lost him. ICU?

10. Jared781

Jared781 Arachnobaron

How to make an ICU <----

Try to Mimic this the best you can YouTube Vid <----

11. grayzone

grayzone Arachnoking

i hope you havent thrown it away... ive read a handful of threads about ZOMBIE ts that (to the eye) look dead, however when they were placed in an icu...or left alone over night... they sprang back to life.

---------- Post added 02-29-2012 at 08:56 PM ----------

remember the saying.. if it doesn't smell, dont toss it

12. Jared781

Jared781 Arachnobaron

+1
    dominant point!!

13. Amoeba

Amoeba Arachnolord

Just to clarify spiders don't have to flip over to molt some will molt upright/sideways.

14. grayzone

grayzone Arachnoking

breeum, ya might wanna type death curl or zombie in the search bar in the top left corner.... should shed some light on the subject and give ya some additional info

---------- Post added 02-29-2012 at 09:02 PM ----------

and THIS is very true as well (all though ive never experienced it)... thanks for pointin that out amoeba

15. Breeum

Breeum Arachnopeon

denver
    Good news all he's stretched out his first two right legs and moved about a millimeter or two. But i'm guessing he can kiss his back pair of legs goodbye! and i didn't know T's ever molted anyway other than on their backs. thats the way all of mine have done it

16. grayzone

grayzone Arachnoking

i wish ya could post pics or a vid of what is happening ... a pic is worth 1000 words... hope your t makes it

---------- Post added 02-29-2012 at 09:39 PM ----------

btw... what type of sling IS it anyway... i see ya said its camouflaged with the peatmoss and im curious

17. Phlerr

Phlerr Arachnoknight

Actually the color had me curious too.......did you notice it getting darker in color lately?

18. My god man!! Put a pic up!!