Sling Molt Death

WeeabooWaifu

Arachnopeon
My A. genic sling tried to molt on the side of his enclosure for some reason. Has anyone seen this before? His legs have been curled under him since I found him pinned between his hide and the wall of his enclosure. He is still twitching his legs, but i assume he's done for. Has anyone else's T died in a molt like this?

Attachments

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Did it just moult? If yes, just wait and leave it alone. Very shortly after a moult Ts lay in very weird positions.

If it's safe to open the enclosure without disturbing it too much, I'd drop some water on the moss beside it. I doubt it will reach the water in that huge water dish.

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Did it just moult? If yes, just wait and leave it alone. Very shortly after a moult Ts lay in very weird positions.

If it's safe to open the enclosure without disturbing it too much, I'd drop some water on the moss beside it. I doubt it will reach the water in that huge water dish.
+1. It likely is still finishing the process. Leave it alone and it will probably be fine. The substrate looks moist enough, I would not add any water.

WeeabooWaifu

Arachnopeon
Thank you guys, that makes me feel better. I did move his hide because his abdomen looked stuck between it and the wall. He molted above the hide and fell between the wall and his hide. I hope that didn't disturb him too much...

I'll update when I get home from work. Fingers crossed, thanks again guys.

WeeabooWaifu

Arachnopeon
He is alive, I'm so happy :happy: Hopefully next molt he'll do it on the ground like he's supposed to and not worry me so much!

Attachments

Malo

Arachnopeon
Awesome! Very weird place to molting lol. Can't have been a fun fall after it squeezed out.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He is alive, I'm so happy :happy: Hopefully next molt he'll do it on the ground like he's supposed to and not worry me so much!

You need to make your water cap flush with the sub, otherwise your T may never use it. This is something you do now in light of the fact that it molted.