Sling humidity

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
Ok so I'm getting a b. Also. Sling .75 inch, I know everything about taking care of it but what about the humidity. I know not to soak the delic cup substrate but will maybe 5ish drops work for the humidity or is even that pushing it? Would it help if I added a small amount of moss in there?

tristan4033

Arachnoknight
Another question would be should I buy maybe 3 of them and make a mini micro climate

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
For someone that is JUST starting out, you should not be looking to buy a more challenging species based on the questions I've seen you type lately.

What are you getting???

user 666

Arachnobaron
Ok so I'm getting a b. Also. Sling .75 inch, I know everything about taking care of it but what about the humidity. I know not to soak the delic cup substrate but will maybe 5ish drops work for the humidity or is even that pushing it? Would it help if I added a small amount of moss in there?
Can you get a spare deli cup, add the appropriate amount of substrate, and then experiment with adding water?

It is easier to flood the substrate than you may realize, and the best way to get it right is to learn by doing. It would be great if you could learn this before getting the T.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I do every terrestrial t that size the same: deli cup with 1/4 of the substrate moist. I check daily and re spray if the spot is drying up. Also, move the spot around as you respray to avoid mold. If you have moisture dependent species like H. Gigas, you need to obviously keep them more moist and with more dirt than others.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i use a vial for slings under 1/2". keep the substrate moist by pouring a small amount of water against the side of the vial. a bit of moss is fine but unnecessary. one of two holes will work for vent.

Devin B

Arachnobaron
i use a vial for slings under 1/2".
When you say that you use a vial, I picture a test tube or pill bottle. I dont think I understand what you mean. Could you elaborate or show me a picture.
Im just curious because Ive heard alot of people using deli cups (including myself) and I would like to know what more expererinced keepers use just incase I ever get such a small sling again.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
You know you can edit the original post, right? You don't need to put additional comments to add more stuff.