1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sling help

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Keke713, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Keke713

Keke713 Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    Good morning everyone! So today I’m extremely excited! Today will be arriving my very first sling. A 1/4-3/4 Acanthoscurria geniculata. As it’s my first sling I just wanna make sure I have everything correct for the little guy. Also I’m not really sure what to expect size wise. So attached are two enclosures I have prepared. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys!

Attached Files:

2. spookyvibes

spookyvibes Arachnoknight Active Member

Indiana
    The pill jar will work though the holes appear to be pretty big imo. Make sure they’re smaller than the t’s carapace so it doesn’t escape. Also with the pill jar setup, just know your sling will probably be holed up in its burrow more times than not. If I were you, I’d go get a 2 oz condiment cup. That way the sling won’t burrow, it’ll adopt the whole cup as its burrow and won’t leave you wondering if it’s still alive or not. That’s not necessary though, just a matter of personal preference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Keke713

Sounds good thank you so much! It’s actually a urine collection vial haha. I have plenty and will make the correct adjustments to the vent holes

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    For a really tiny sling like this, the safest way to make ventilation holes is just to get a needle or a thumb tack and poke holes with those. You might need more holes, but nobody will be getting out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Keke713

Yeah that’s the last thing I need in this house is a loose sling. The wife will kill me haha. Thanks will work on that shortly

6. boina

boina Arachnoprince Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Remember that for a sling the substrate needs to be moist. In the pics it looks pretty dry, but that can be wrong.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Keke713

Yeah I wet one side of the vial before she went in there. Thank you