Sling has small abdomen, but not eating

JCGTHEGREAT

Arachnopeon
Good day :)

I have an Albo sling, around 0.75", as my very first tarantula, I got it last week with a fairly round abdomen, but since then, it hasn't been eating, which is because of premolt.

Two days ago, it did molted, I tried feeding it yesterday with a tiny superworm(not mealworm) around same size as the sling, but the sling got scared. Same as today, I tried feeding it with a grasshopper nymph, but it's still scared. I did some google search and found that it may be still recovering from molt, but I'm worried because the sling now has a very small abdomen. The sling also has been burrowing with dirt covering the hole.

Is waiting for a few more days before feeding not gonna starve the small-abdomen sling?

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
No. I usually wait a week before feeding slings after a molt. It might help to kill the food and leave it in with the sling for a day as well. Slings abdomens usually look slim after a molt. It will be fine. Just wait about 7 days after it molts and offer it prekilled food. When it gets bigger you can probably wait even longer than a week to feed it. 2 days is way to early to feed after a molt

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
their abdomens get skinny like that after a molt. u need to wait however long it takes for it's fangs to turn black, which means they have hardened and is able to take down prey.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Just to be on the safe side I wait a week to feed after molt for small slings and 2 weeks for juveniles over 1.5" since I can't always get a look at their fangs.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If the sling is putting webbing over the burrow entrance, that is a Do Not Disturb sign :) Give your sling more time to recover from the molt. Make sure it has access to water, as molting is very dehydrating.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I wait 3 days before attempting to resume feeding slings under 1" (I have seen one eat within 24hrs of moulting though - it surprised me with a moult and I found it sat next to a moult eating the pre-killed I left the day before).

Between 1" and 2" I wait 5 days.

It won't hurt to wait longer though