Sling feeders

Bluelight

Arachnopeon
Is there some good source of small feeder animals for slings? I am wondering about starting up a colony of food animals for slings, to get tiny feeders, what do you guys suggest?

Bluelight

Arachnopeon
Will it work for any size slings, up to spiders with leg span of 2 - 2.5cm too?

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
I use super worms they are cheap grow fairly big and live a good amount of months. Also they will not pupate if you do not seclude them so that is convenient. There are a few youtube videos on how to make a super worm colony with a cheap mini shelf set up. In my opinion it is better to get feeders that will grow a good size, because your T is only going to get bigger anyway and you can always cut them up :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Normies: "Cut up mealworms."
Me (an intellectual): "Breed mealworms and then you have a constant supply of various sizes to feed anything from tiny slings to juveniles."

:troll:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Normies: "Cut up mealworms."
Me (an intellectual): "Breed mealworms and then you have a constant supply of various sizes to feed anything from tiny slings to juveniles."

:troll:
You forgot that once you have a constant supply of mealworms, you have to keep on buying tarantulas to make sure you have enough to eat all the mealworms you produce ;)

cold blood

Staff member
Will it work for any size slings, up to spiders with leg span of 2 - 2.5cm too?
mealworms can be fed to any size t....i have 7+" pokies i feed mealworms to....usually 2 at a time. By the time slings get to 3/4-1", you can feed halves...by 1.5-2" they can take a whole worm.

This sling is about 1/3"